the witching hour

me and sunny waited for the classes to start, then tippy-toed our way out. sunny almost got caught by one of the janitors, but luckily i pulled him out the hallway hurriedly.

the moment we were out, we both started laughing. sunny was so much fun, i wasn't used to it. he was everything i've ever wanted in someone, he pushed me to do stuff i never thought i would and i didn't even know him. it was fascinating. we were looking at each other until we heard a shout from behind us. 'you two! get back here!' it was one of the teachers.

sunny took my hand in his and we started running away as fast as we could. i still didnt know our destination, but it was definitely a cool journey. i looked to my right to him, his hair all fluffy and eyes darting backwards to see if we were followed. he was chuckling and i never saw anything cuter in my life. my heart fluttered a bit, i'll admit.

he lead me to this big, empty skate park. well not really empty, because the moment we arrived we spotted olan, na-kel, ryder and gio sitting down on a bench and talking. we didn't notice we were still holding hands, but olan made sure to tease us about us before we even got to say hi. 'should i ask or?' he said, pointing at our hands. in less than a second, our hands jolted from each other. i sat down next to ryder.

'you made the new girl skip?' gio asked towards sunny, laughing. 'new girl has a name' i replied, looking directly at him. 'AND guts!' he replied in the same tone. 'can i borrow this real quick?' i said, taking the board from his hands before he could even reply. i could see the concern on their faces, but they had no idea what was coming. i jumped on the board and did a kickflip short after. yes, i do have guts, gio, i thought to myself.

i returned on the skate, and jumped off in front of him. 'you don't know me at all' i said with a smirk, then sat down back next to ryder. sunny looked at me in awe and i could see it on his face that he didn't expect it. olan and na-kel congratulated me and made sure to mention how ballsy and cool that was of me every 5 seconds. they eventually started skating around and trying tricks as i laid on the side, smiling. i pulled out my phone and saw 11:37am. i scrolled through my social media and plugged my earbuds, playing witching hour by psychic mirrors. i started jamming and humming along without realizing. i was moving my head to the beat, thinking about the teacher from earlier. hopefully he didn't call my parents, or else i'll be a long lost cause. i let my worries wash away with every reoccurring beat.

- - - - - - - - third person pov.

sunny decided to take a break once he saw you bopping your head to whatever you were listening. he smiled thinking of how cute you looked. he remembered your badass side from earlier and his heart skipped a beat. damn, you were so much more interesting than he had thought. he sat down next to you, stealing one of your earbuds and putting it in his own ear. you were a little startled, but let him do his thing. he started jamming with you short after. 'this is so cool' he said, moving his shoulders in sync with yours. you started copying each other's little dance moves. you ended up laughing again. this didn't go unnoticed, the boys noticed the way sunny looked at you. you didn't though, not yet. you were having too much fun to let other thoughts invade your mind, so you just enjoyed being with him. overthinking shall come later today.

your silent party was interrupted by you getting a phonecall from estee. you took out your earphones, sat up and picked up.

'hey girlie! we've decided to chill at this skate park we know, so if you wanna come i'll give you the address' she said, her voice relaxed. 'yeah sure' you saw the text with the address and said, 'i'm actually already here right now. i'll wait for you guys' she said a couple of other stuff while her tone changed and you eventually ended the call. phone calls made you feel incredibly weird. and you were also nervous of making a good impression on them. you waited with sunny still by your side, talking about all sorts of things. the moment estee arrived with her 3 other friends and saw you with sunny, she rushed over to you and gave you an overdramatic hug.

'hiiii cutie!' she said while hugging you. you said hi back, a little taken aback at how close she made it out you are. she then went over to say hello to sunny and gave him a kiss on the cheek. oh shit, remember the trouble i mentioned earlier? she is your trouble, coming in very strong.

you sat there awkwardly, and one of estees friends noticed so she approached you, "hi, im amy, nice to meet you! estee and sunny are kinda a thing by the way. i could see by the look on your face you didnt know". her smile was innocent and you could see it in her eyes that she had nothing to hide. "oh, dont worry, i had no such intentions. im y/n!" you said, inviting her to sit back down on the bench. "these are maya and jamie" your eyes met the two gorgeous girls in front of you. they sat down as well.

truth be said, estee felt a little threatened when she saw sunny warming up to you so fast. it wasnt necessarily your behavior that made her feel insecure, but the thought of the comfort and safety her relationship with him brung her, leaving her so suddenly. she was never faced with the problem of the things she likes being taken away. even though it was only your first day, she felt like you were a lot more bad news than she thought at first. so she decided to make it clear for you that there is no way a fling could spark between you and sunny. 

you and the girls chilled there for a couple of hours. you felt like you got along pretty well with all of them. it was around 3pm when estee suggested moving the party to her house. the boys agreed to go. you felt a little out of place walking to her house. you saw everyone talking with one another and for a split second you felt like an outsider.

"whats on your mind?" you heard ryder ask as he started walking next to you at the back of the bunch. "nothing much just... do you ever feel like you dont belong anywhere whatsoever?" you looked up at him and he smiled, "hey, you belong here, ok? i may only know you for one day but youre by far the coolest person that has moved here" you matched his energy. "youre like my favorite person in the world right now" you said, laughing. "hey! i thought that was me" sunny turned his head and joined the two of you from the side of the road. "first come first serve sun boy" you looked at him and smiled.

you arrived at estees house and sat on one of the stool chairs next to the big island in the kitchen. you looked around at everyone and thought to yourself, "this is gonna be a long night".

- - - - - - - - - -

a/n : hope you liked this chapter! if you didnt already notice, each chapter has a song that matches it, and thats basically the concept of the book. so if you want to get the full vibe, you should definitely play them as you read! love u all, have a great day :)<3