everything she wants

sunny led me up the stairs to an empty classroom. i followed quietly, focusing on his hand firmly squeezing mine. it made me feel something i've never felt before.

he closed the door behind him and i pulled away my hand. 'why did you get into that fight y/n?!' he looked at me, and i felt the same guilt from earlier form inside of me. i looked down, embarrassed. he noticed because he came closer and lifted my chin, forcing eye contact. 'next time, tell estee to punch me instead, dummy', he broke into his infamous smile and washed my worry away. i was a little too focused on how close he was, so i wasn't really listening. it reminded me of last night, i was feeling the same impulse to kiss him. 'wow no talking back? no snarky remarks?'

'ah yes, you said you'd take me to the nurse's office... or are you gonna play doctor again?' i smirked, thinking about the day we met. 'spoke too soon' he turned around, 'wait, you owe me an apology' i stopped him in his tracks. let's make the most out of this, shall we?

'for?' he asked, dumbfounded. 'well, which one do you like best : your psycho girlfriend bullying me, my fucked up nose or the rumors about me sleeping with you?' i answered, same smirk plastered on my face. i think i was supposed to feel a lot angrier at everything, but something about his presence around me made all that go away. 'shit, about that...' he came dangerously close again, 'it doesn't have to be a rumor'. he proceeded to stare into my eyes, but i had a hard time figuring out what was hidden in them. i was pretty sure he was joking, but i wasn't going to let it slide. i pushed him away then rolled my eyes, 'in your dreams sun boy'. the following silence was rather tense and i couldn't help but get embarrassed again, over what he said. 'are you okay, you look like you're about to pass out' he asked, obviously making fun of my now red cheeks. if i want to survive this place, i need to be bold. 'yeah, just thinking, maybe you're right' i replied, shifting my position so that the distance between us is almost nonexistent. i looked into his eyes as innocently as possible, a little surprised at my own confidence. i could tell by his face that he did not expect me to say that, and it was enough to give me the satisfaction i was looking for. i laughed at his expression and pulled away, 'you're buying me ice cream after i'm done with the principal' i opened the door and left him there, speechless.

i walked to the nurse's office, thinking about what had just happened. i was getting embarrassed by my own words. again. when i opened the door, i saw estee sitting on the chair in front of the nurse. weirdly enough, she didn't look angry anymore, but sad. empty really. i dropped my tough act as i sat down. i felt my phone beep in my pocket.

ryder : r u ok? 

a smile spread on my face. of course it was him.

y/n : been better ngl

ryder : ok omw to make u feel better then

i was looking forward to seeing him because he managed to make a soft spot for himself in my heart in such a short period of time - and that meant he was truly special. the quiet was eventually broken when the nurse finished fixing up estee and called for me to sit down. 'look y/n, i didn't mean to start a fight' i heard estee start speaking behind me, 'i just want you to stay away from him'. i could not believe my ears! 'why, if you dont mind me asking?' i asked, rolling my eyes in annoyance. i would say i am a forgiving person, but estee literally shattered every bit of reputation i could have had in here. there's worse things that could've happened, but that doesn't make this less bad. 

"i-i'm sorry" my thoughts were interrupted by her voice. i turned my head and looked at her. she had tears in her eyes and my gut feeling told me she wasn't faking. 'it's fine, don't worry about it' i eventually said, turning back around so the nurse could finish cleaning my face. it wasn't the time to be empathetic, i wasn't ready for that. we didn't speak after. we quietly went to the principal's to finish what we started and once it was over, each of us went their own way. i didn't bother to care or think about it anymore.

as i stepped outside the school building, i saw sunny and ryder waiting for me. 'oh well hello there favorite person and least favorite person!' i greeted as i wrapped each arm around one of their own and started walking. 'where are we going? aren't you hurt?' ryder asked, worried over my condition. i could tell by his voice. 'we're making sunny buy us ice cream because he's a dick!' i smiled as wide as possible, doing my best to annoy sunny because teasing him earlier wasn't enough. 'sounds fair. anyway, why did estee jump you?' ryder questioned again, making my attention switch from sunny's face to his own, 'oh she thinks i slept with sunny' i mumbled, lowkey hoping he wouldn't hear, knowing that he is going to freak out. and i was right! he kept asking if i really did, 'i thought you knew me better! i might have to take away your favorite person title!' i laughed, hearing sunny laugh as well, 'can i have the title if i guess your favorite flavor?' he asked excitedly, pulling us into the ice cream shop as we arrived. i nodded, almost certain that he wouldn't guess. 

- - - - - - - - - -

'soooo' sunny returned to the booth me and ryder sat down next to each other at, holding 3 ice cream cones in his hands, '(insert your favorite flavor here) for y/n and vanilla for ryder! how did i do?' my jaw dropped, actually quite impressed that he guessed. 'ugh fine, you're my favorite person now'. he sat down in front of us, smiling as wide as possible. we ate the ice cream and talked about all sorts of things. i remember laughing with ryder as sunny got ice cream all over his face like a little kid. i was feeling a lot better actually, hearing the two boys laugh and sharing such a great moment with them - it brought back that feeling of safety i got last night when they were getting me to sunny's house. reminded me of how home is supposed to feel. the sudden thought of home made me question what i was going to tell my parents regarding my face when i got home - a spiral of thinking i didn't want to jump into just yet.

at some point, ryder got up to go to the bathroom. sunny took his place next to me in the booth with no hesitation. i didn't even have time to react to his sudden movement because he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. my heart starting racing and confusion fogged my mind. 'that's to say i'm sorry', he proceeded to peck my lips again, 'for everything', he did so one last time, 'all three things'.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a/n : sorry for taking so long to update 😫 found out that i'm going back to school properly irl next week and big yikes :/ anw, i rewrote this chapter 100 times and i'm finally somewhat content so i hope u enjoyed ;)♡