part time heart

the next morning was pretty much horrible - if that could even contain just how bad i felt.

i woke up very early, in sunny's arms, but it wasn't like a movie montage at all. the moment i opened my eyes i felt my head heavy, hurting like hell and i didn't even get to look at his beautiful face because i was extremely sick. i rushed to the bathroom, well as much as one could rush in a house they don't know. i think you can imagine the rest.

sunny made me breakfast when he woke up and insisted i stayed, but i knew i had to get home. you see, my parents aren't really the most understanding. i was lucky estee's house was at a fair distance from mine, or else they would've told me to go back home last night.

before i left though, i washed myself, then my t-shirt in sunny's bathroom sink, hoping to get the smell of smoke out. while i was waiting for it to dry, i got dressed again, lit another cigar and put my head against the bathroom window. the wind blew just enough so i could avoid the smoke. sunny probably noticed i'm taking too long and got worried, because he barged in. the persisting headache made me not care i was half naked in that moment. he turned his head, but i told him it's okay and he sat down next to me. we were just staring out the window. 'do your parents know you smoke?' he asked, looking at me. 'they don't know anything about me, except what they want to believe is true', i replied, putting out my cigarette and throwing it out. 'why'd you let me do that yesterday?' i asked, feeling the same anger i did last night. 'i'd do it again and again if i could' he stated simply, as if he actually meant it. he smiled at me, but i just couldn't stop thinking of estee. 'i don't know what you're thinking about, but i want you to know that i don't regret it. not at all' he assured once again, coming closer and resting his head on my shoulder. his fingers started playing with my hair.

i felt horrible because i knew i should've felt horrible about the kiss, but i didn't and that made it worse.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - tw ; swearing, bullying, physical & verbal vi0lence

i walked to my locker, now changed into other clothes and mind lingering on how lucky i was to not catch my parents at home earlier this morning, trying to also distract myself from the headache i was having. little did i know that there was a surprise waiting for me there- bold, red letters spread out on my locker that read 'lying slut'.

a deep feeling of guilt shot right through me. i saw some students stop in their tracks to look at the scene unfolding, i saw them laugh and point fingers at it. what a great way to make a first (well, second) impression, y/n! i turned around, only wanting to run away, but i was faced with an angry estee and her even angrier squad.

'can't believe you lied to me, you bitch! i thought we could be friends but you arrived here and instantly went for my boyfriend, didn't you?!' estee shouted to my face as i stood there, speechless. maya backed her up, 'you're literally just a worthless gold digging whore!' they all nodded at the same time. i spotted julie with the corner of my eye and thought about how she said she found me cool yesterday - she sure won't anymore. estee said a bunch of other stuff too, but i didn't bother to listen. my brain stopped at the words worthless and lying, as my mind replayed the scene of me kissing sunny.

seeing that i'm not listening, estee grew angrier and eventually slapped me. i was shocked, everyone was shocked really. silence filled the hallway as a smirk appeared on her face, 'oh, i'm sure our lovely colleagues would like some context', amy followed right on her thought, 'miss new girl here slept with estee's boy!'

huh? i looked around, not believing my eyes. people actually believed her. i saw julie standing in the same spot, her jaw dropped. 'wait a minute, what the fuck? i did NOT sleep with your boyfriend' i spoke up, confronting her. 'then what were you doing at his house? cleaning his room?'

i was disturbed, and i sincerely couldn't stand it anymore. i grabbed estee by her shirt and punched her in the face, right then and there. i know it isn't a mature way to handle things, but i just couldn't take it anymore. the way her and her stupid friends talked to me reminded me of how my parents talk to me - like they're always right and i'm always wrong. estee was just as immature though, she fought back, hard, 'you know what, you're just as trashy as him! i'm not surprised you get along so well!', she shouted. ok now that right there, made me even angrier. her friends tried helping her up, but i wouldn't let them. if there's one thing i know how to do, it's fighting.

our little circus ended when the boys arrived, and by that i mean, guardian angel olan pulling me away with the help of gio and the principal ending stuff officially. my nose was bleeding, and it was only then that i started feeling all the pain she's caused me physically. 'what in the world happened here?!' the principal exclaimed as the other students quickly made their way out of there. 'you two! my office, NOW!', we started going that way, both of our heads hung low.

i won't say i was proud of myself, but i wasn't exactly feeling the most remorse either.

we sat in the office as the principal tried to untangle our grudge, but we were both hurt and frustrated, so none of us spoke. estee tried playing the victim for a while but luckily, my locker was enough proof to convince the principal otherwise. at this point, i was so tired of everything and everyone, i just wanted to vanish for a while. he told us to come in there again, after we got cleaned at the nurse's office. as we were walking out, estee made sure to mumble a few more offensive words aimed at me, but i was too tired to respond. i climbed up the stairs and went to the roof. finally some peace and quiet.

'there she is!' i heard a voice break the enjoyable silence i was in. i turned my head to see gio, followed by na-kel and olan. the holy trinity, i thought to myself. 'what you did in there was so badass, it was like a movie scene!' gio said excitedly, causing me to smile. he fist bumped me. we talked for a while, but then sunny appeared. he asked what happened and he looked genuinely worried, but i wasnt sure if it was for me or for estee.

'your psycho girlfriend thinks we had sex! also thank you so much for sharing the valuable information that you guys ARE something serious!' i exclaimed, giving him a sarcastic smile. 'we're not, really, we are nothing-', he tried responding, but i wasn't having it, 'you know what? i don't care. you can both go to hell holding hands!' i rolled my eyes, 'listen to me! i don't like her, and she doesn't either, trust me'.

'then why is she so obsessed with me?' i gave in, hoping for an answer that would solve everything.
'because sunny likes you!' gio butted in.
'sunny doesn't like me!'
'yes he does!'

'sunny is right here!' sunny stopped our little fight, annoyed at gio's claim. 'anyway, i'll talk to estee and i'm gonna make sure she doesn't lay a hand on your ever again. now let's get you to the nurse's office', he took my hand and practically left me no choice but to follow him.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
a/n : not olan saving y/n again 😭🤚 anyway, i'm not very experienced with writing about fighting but i really wanted some drama to go down ;) hope u enjoyed <3 have a great day!