Work It Out - Hawk

Don't forget to vote and comment requests!!

request for @leannavega06

y/n pov

Me and Hawk had been married for about 4 years now and our son, Ethan had recently turned 6 months. Ethan and Hawk had a complicated relationship. Hawk always felt like Ethan only liked me , not him, and although Ethan is a total mamas boy he still loves his father and is only bad at showing it.

When Ethan was just born Hawk would hold him and Ethan would immediately start crying, he hated when hawk would hold him, or feed him, or be alone with him. Nobody really knew why this happened, I thought it would pass over a couple of weeks, but it clearly had not.

Hawks pov

Today y/n was leaving me alone Ethan for most of the day. Nervous was an understatement, I was so worried how this would end up, Ethan has always hated being too close to me or being alone with me. I've tried everything like taking him out for a father- son day, buying him toys, and reading him lullaby's before bed. No matter how hard I tried he still hated me and that absolutely broke my heart. What hurt the most was how he much Ethan loved y/n. My wife. The girl I had loved since high school, the mother of my child, but Ethan only loved her. And that hurt like hell.

"Bye guys, I'll see you all tonight ok" y/n said. She walked over to me, handing me Ethan and leaving a kiss on my cheek.

"It will all be ok baby, I promise" she reassured me. I nodded back at her, looking down at Ethan who looked like he was on the verge of tears. y/n stroked his head leaving a kiss on his cheek as well. She finally waved goodbye and walked outside to her car.

"Today is gonna be fun, buddy" I say too Ethan, smiling down at him. He stares at me like a total stranger, except I'm not a stranger. I'm his father.

I place him in his baby chair and start to feed him lunch, surprisingly he did not cry or even fight back. He just sat and ate the food, staring into space.

Once Ethan had finished his lunch I decided it would be fun to take a trip to the park. I strapped him up in his stroller and started walking to the park.

Once we arrived at the park and he started pointing to the swing, signaling that's where he wanted to go, but that was only the start of something terrible.

"Wanna go to the swing buddy?" I ask. And for the first time he nods back, making me smile. I take him over to the swing set and place him in.

I start to push him in the swing for a little bit at a slow pace, after a little bit I made the swing a tiny bit faster which earned a giggle from Ethan. I thought he was having fun so I kept going until he started screaming and crying.

"Oh my God!" a mom from another swing said, pointing at me and Ethan. I abruptly stop the swing and pick up a shaking Ethan. His cheeks are tear stained and his whole body is shaking. I have no idea what went wrong, I though we were having fun just a minute ago. At this point everyone in the park was looking at us so I make a move out of there and back home.

Once were home I hurry to the couch with Ethan in my arms and set him down, quickly dialing y/n's number. I'm pacing around the living room, waiting for her to pick up until I hear her voice on the other line.

"Hey baby what's up?" she asks innocently.

"Ethan is shaking and crying what do I do? Asap!".

"What! Just rock him and give him some toys maybe, I'll be home in 10 to help" She responds.

"Wait love, I can handle this on my own. Stay at your event" I tell her.

"No Hawk, I'm trying to do what's best for our son" she snaps and with that she hangs up making it quite clear that I'm what's not best for our son. This is bullshit.

time skip to a couple year later

hawks pov

I was sitting at the table, finish up some work when my wife came scurrying up to me.

"Hey baby.. I'm sorry to do this so abruptly but In have to be at the office all day today, and I have no babysitter. Can you stay with Ethan? Pretty please" she asks me.

Me and Ethan have not been alone, just us two since the incident from when he was 6 months old. He hated me and I was done with it, so I started hating him to. I know it's bad. But once It started we couldn't go back.

"No problem baby" I respond.

I'm wishing me and Ethan don't really have to interact today, I hope he stays in his room playing video games all day, leaving me alone.

"Ok great, I love you" she says pecking me on the lips.

"Love you to".

Its been about an hour since y/n left and luckily me and Ethan had not crossed paths , yet. I'm still doing work when I hear a voice.

"Mommy?" I hear Ethan say. He probably doesn't know she's left, and I knew I would have to break the news to him.

"Mom went out for the day" I shout to him from the living room. There is no response, so I go back to my computer. The footsteps from the stair case distract me from my work, causing me to look up.

"Uhh hey dad" Ethan says, walking down the stairs.

"Hey bud" I respond, awkwardly.

"Do you know when moms coming back".

"Nope". And with that he's gone up the stairs.

"Wait dad" Ethan says, turning around.

"Yes.. son".

"Do you think you can teach me one of your cool karate moves, I saw a video of you and mom, it looks sick!" he asks, and my heart seems to melt like it never has before.

"Uhh yea come down and I'll teach ya" I tell him.

"Are you sure" he hesitates.

"Of course" I respond.

Me and Ethan end up play fighting for the rest of the evening. I taught him all my moves from when I used to be apart of Cobra Kai. I taught him how to strike first, strike hard, and have no mercy. Who would off thought this is what we would end up bonding over. It was about 8:30 and we were still sparing, almost dying from the laughter. I heard keys ringing from the front door but Ethan didn't seem to hear so I decide to go along with the sparing, not interrupting our fun. I see y/n in the entrance watching us. She looks genuinely happy. I'm not sure if she knows that I know she's watching, but the look on her face is so pure. She's so happy to have the 2 boys she loved most finally get along.

a/n

Hawk as a father omg that would be too cute. Also this was not really reader x Hawk but I thought the request was so cute. I'm a little backed up with requests right now but keep sending them in and I'll tag you when there out! I love reading through requests. As alway I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!