Twelve

"There were no fires or assault reported last night," JJ announced as the team gathered early for breakfast

"There were no fires or assault reported last night," JJ announced as the team gathered early for breakfast. "Something is off."

"Maybe our unsub didn't get the reaction they wanted and got bored," Rogers said as she grabbed a bagel and cream cheese. The team looked at her. "What? Our unsub is surrounded and it doesn't seem like anyone was particularly scared last night."

"She has a point," Gideon said. "What is our unsub's motive?"

"Well originally we thought his motive was his hatred towards women who fit a specific type," JJ said. "Now it seems like it isn't as clear as we previously thought. Maybe there was a secondary trigger? Something that is changing his focus to something else?"

"That is a possibility. We have to start thinking outside of the box. Rogers, do you think we can lure this unsub in with a trap?"

Lilith paused for a second before responding, "It depends who you use for bait. JJ could work, but she doesn't fit his type completely."

"How so? She's blonde with blue eyes like the rest of the victims," Hotch asked.

Lilith sighed, "Well for one she radiates good girl vibes. Reid, pull up the photos of the girls and place them side by side. These girls were walking on campus late at night. That takes guts and confidence. Now not to sound a bit stereotypical here but JJ seems like the innocent type that walks in groups. This unsub gets off at proving that he can overpower women. He wouldn't go for the innocent lambs that jump at the shadows."

JJ nodded, "She's right. Our unsub get off at overpowering these confident women."

"But Rogers just dyed her hair red," Morgan pointed out. "And Garcia was the one who did that and I don't think she would be too happy with it being ruined so soon."

"The answer is simple really, we just use a wig," Reid chimed in. "I'm sure the theater department should have some lying around."

Gideon looked over at Lilith. "Are you willing to be the bait?"

Lilith shrugged, "I got nothing to lose. I could easily overpower Morgan which means I can take down this unsub. We just have to set up a trap."

"If you are okay with it then we should start brainstorming ideas," Gideon nodded.

Lilith half paid attention as they started planning their trap. She knew that no matter what they were going to catch someone in the next two days and be back in DC. He had promised her that they would close the case and they would. There was no doubt in her mind that every word he told her was true. Now all she needed to do was figure out a way to stay safe and away from him. She had worked so hard for her freedom. Gained the team's trust and played by the rules. If she ran there were no third chances. That was the one thing Strauss made clear when they had first freed her from her prison cell and the ever constant reminder of the tracking bracelet weighed heavy. How could she make sure they knew that she was abducted and not just escaping? Lilith had to make sure they would look for her. She chuckled to herself as she thought about the irony behind that sentence. Her one hope was the team who still had yet to fully trust her. A painful reminder that she had no one else in the world to look for her if he took her.