Thirteen

Lilith rythmically tapped her foot at her desk as she looked at the calendar

Lilith rythmically tapped her foot at her desk as she looked at the calendar. It had been exactly three weeks since their case in Berkely and he had yet to make his next move. She was growing impatient with the waiting. Lilith despised being a sitting duck at the mercy of others but if he wanted her there was nothing on Earth that could stop him from getting it. Now it seemed that he wanted her again. She sighed as she thought, 'Honestly he still wants me even after I tried to murder him. He must have a kink or something.' 

"Penny for your thoughts," Reid hesitantly said as he approached her. He had two cups of coffee in his hand. It was amusing to her how much caffeine Reid drank, but whether it was more sugar than coffee was a debate for another day. 

Lilith looked up to the nervous nerd. "You need something?"

Reid extended one of the cofee cups towards her. "I made you a fresh cup of coffee. You look tired and I know you're still living on Morgan's couch."

Lilith gladly took the cup of coffee. She brought it to her lips and took a nice whiff of the coffee. "Mmmm black just like I like it. Did you use the fresh grounds Hotch bought?"

Reid nodded, "Yeah, although I'm pretty sure he only bought them as a peace offering for you. I'm surprised you still haven't talked to him outside of work."

"If he's going to act like a child then he deserves to be treated like one. But between you and I," Lilith gestured for Reid to lean in, "I'm thinkg of forgiving him soon. I just want to watch him suffer a bit longer. It's so much more fun to watch him squirm with anticipation."

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she thought about Hotch's reaction when she just goes back to how they were before. The whiplash would leave the poor man confused by her bipolar actions. Reid smiled, "It's nice to see you acting more like your usual self. You've been a bit quiet since we got back from Berkely. Morgan thinks it's because of your argument with Hotch but we are all a bit worried."

"You don't have to worry about me Dr. Reid. I'm about one wrong move away from being sent to a place where you will never have to see me again. Strauss made that very clear the moment I agreed to join. It's better not to form attachments when this freedom is conditional," Lilith responded before taking a gulp of the coffee. She spotted Garcia walking to her office. "Now if you will please excuse me I need to talk to Garcia."

Before Reid could respond Lilith was hot on the heels of Garcia. She walked behind the woman in heels and wondered just how fast one could possibly walk in heels. Heels were a very impractical choice of shoes. Lilith could run in heels but they were not her preferred choice in shoes. Garcia noticed Lilith just as she was about to enter her office.

"Lilith, what do I owe the pleasure of an office visit? Don't tell me Hotch is still being a stick in the mud about everything," Garcia rambled. 

Lilith shook her head. "No that's all sorted. I just wanted to know if you would help me set up a laptop with the permission of Strauss. I'm a bit limited on technology at the moment. Strauss only lets me have a standard issue phone given my 'criminal knowledge.' So I thought you could probably help me convince her to give me a simple work laptop that I can use for my own personal use. Tell her that you can install whatever programs she wants. Erin Strauss is just scared I'm plotting to take over the government or bomb the Capitol with some underground terrorist group."

"Have you talked to Hotch about this? Because he is going to have to clear it with Strauss first." Garcia was concerned that the issues between Lilith and Hotch would cause a strain on their already unconventional work relationship.

"He will approve it," Lilith responded. "I just wanted to let you know before he told you himself. Oh did Hotch tell you that I finally got my car? I missed my baby and my old stuff. Haley really did want to dress me in work professional but I'm punk rock baby."

Garcia laughed, "Don't you also have a motorcycle in storage?"

"Mhmm, I'm going to pick it up with Hotch later. He wants to make sure all the paperwork is squared away and whatnot. I think I've missed my motorcycle more than my car. I can finally get myself a new leather jacket with my government paycheck." Lilith was already making the plans necessary that would allow her to leave if needed. Being a fugative on the run would be better than living in his doll house. 

~~~~~~~~

Hotch sat at his desk perplexed at the fact that Lilith sat right across from him. "Are those all your demands," He calmly asked as he put down his pen.

Lilith nodded, "Yes, I think with all that has happened I am within reason with my requests. Let Haley know that I will be home for dinner after we pick up my motorcycle."

Hotch sighed, "So does this mean that you are moving back? Because the paperwork I have to file to allow Morgan to be responsible for your living situation is getting very bothersome."

"Yes it does." She knew that this conflict would give her an opportunity to make demands that he would willingly comply. That was the downfall of a man with a conscious. Aaron Hotchner knew he had made a mistake and was now trying to desperately mend their already broken  relationship. It was no means a friendship, but it was a relationship based on mutual respect, respect he had broken. Aaron knew that if he wanted to keep her from acting out then he would have to give her more freedom and trust that she would not run. The sad part about this was, Lilith was already more than prepared to abandon it all in order to stay alive. 

Hotch smiled, "Jack misses you. He keeps crawling to your bedroom to check if you're back. It would be adorable if it wasn't so sad, but I'm sure tonight will be good. Maybe we can get a cake on the way home to celebrate? Cake and wine for dessert? Would you like that?"

"I would like that Aaron. I need to talk to Morgan about getting my suitcase from his place but after that we could head out whenever you're done with paperwork."

"Did you already finish?"

"Hours ago. I've been reading past cases and the news at this point. There are a couple of potential cases we could be called on." It wasn't a total lie. Lilith had been looking at past cases and the news, but while he assumed it was out of boredom she knew that it was her way of looking for him. They had their own sick twisted language that only they knew. 

Lilith excused herself from the office and walked out to see the entire team waiting. "Uh, why is everyone staring at me?"

"Did Hotch scold you," JJ asked.

"No, we were discussing my motorcycle and moving back in. So Morgan, guess you're taking my stuff to Hotch's house. Dr. Reid did you get the tickets to the orchestra?" Reid nodded. "Good, let me know when you want to pick me up."

Gideon walked out of his office. "Don't forget that we have a team dinner coming up in a week. Let Garcia know what restaurant you're voting for. I don't want a repeat of last year."

"Roger that sir," Lilith responded. 

"Good to see you Agent Rogers," Gideon replied. "Finally decided to forgive Agent Hotchner?"

"Seems so sir."

"Good, I hate watching the team fight. Now everyone head home before we get called on another case. I want to actually enjoy my weekend for a couple of hours. Shoo, get out, scram."