Five

Tick tock

Tick tock. Time seemed to pass by slowly as Lilith sat in Agent Hotchner's office at six in the morning.

She groaned, "Why do I have to be here an hour early if you're the morning person?"

"Because you are under my custody and Strauss doesn't trust you to drive or take the subway," Aaron bluntly stated.

"So what are we doing today?" Lilith was bored. No. That was an understatement. She was mind numbing bored. Her brain screamed for a task. Any task. When Hotch didn't respond she asked another question. "Can I go to the shooting range?"

"No."

"Can I run the obstacle course?"

"No."

"Can I go get coffee."

"No." She rolled her eyes at him. Hotch just gave her a disapproving look. "We're going to interview to prisoners on death row."

Lilith perked up at the statement. "Prithee do tell."

Hotch regretted telling her. "Sarah Jean Dawes and-"

"Jacob Dawes," Lilith concluded. "Twelve known victims, but FBI just uncovered victim number 13. Sexual psychopath and sadist."

Hotch blinked, "You sounded like Reid for a second there."

She shrugged, "I have a photographic memory. Sue me. So when are we picking up my Honda from the lot?"

"Tomorrow."

"You said Monday. Today is Monday."

"Strauss didn't file the paperwork and your license is still suspended," he stated.

She pouted, "You're being unfair father."

"Don't call me father," Hotch replied.

"Dad? Daddy? Papi? Pops? Old man? Should I continue," Lilith smirked.

Hotch shook his head. "You act like a petulant high school student."

"My friends say I should act my age. What's my age again? What's my age again," Lilith said in a sing song voice. Hotch just gave her a blank stare. "Oh come on. Don't tell me you have no idea who Blink 182 is. You are KILLING me."

"Agent Rogers stop being so dramatic. If you're bored then why don't you go make yourself a cup of coffee? Eat a donut. Something that isn't sitting here and acting like some immature child," Hotch snapped. He was done with her antics. He even started to question if her addition to the team was even worth it. Hotch had seen her record and it impressed him, but then he met her and began to question everything. She was not like how he had envisioned her. Lilith Rogers wasn't the cold blooded killer who he envisioned. In his mind he had created this image of her. This ice queen who didn't trust anyone and was loyal to none. And while that held true to some extent nowhere in his image was she a tease and a joker. Lilith Rogers to him shouldn't be acting like a rebellious high school student and make him act like some parental figure. There had to be some line.