One

Lilith lay in her cell and stared at the ceiling

Lilith lay in her cell and stared at the ceiling. She had been there for three month, five days, six hours, twenty three minutes, and 13 seconds. During that time she had contemplated the actions that had lead her to that cell. Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard footsteps coming down the hall. They were too light to be a guard's, and the subtle clicking of heels seemed to prove her right. 

"Inmate, you have visitors," a guard barked.

She raised an eyebrow in amusement and sat up. A smile blossomed on her face as she recognized the two people in front of her. "About time, I was beginning to believe you had forgotten about me," she grinned.

Erin Strauss cleared her throat before saying, "Agent Lilith Rogers, this is BAU Unit Chief SSA Aaron Hotchner."

Lilith looked the man up and down like a hunter stalking its prey. He wasn't her type, but he didn't need to know that. "My my, aren't you handsome. Awe, married, what a shame," she said as he studied her behavior.

Agent Hotchner ignored her games and said, "I have reviewed your case and I believe you deserve a second chance. There's an opening on my team and the spot is yours if you want it."

No one was able to read her poker face as she thought it over. "Oh come on, you wouldn't just offer me a deal this good," she laughed. "This has gotta be a joke."

Strauss crossed her arms and gave the woman a look. "This is the only offer you are going to get. Either we release you under the supervision of Agent Hotchner or you stay here and stand trial. And believe me, you're only still alive because no one here knows you are an agent." She snorted. "Is there something you find funny about this?"

If looks could kill she would be six feet under, but then again, she would have been dead a long time before this encounter. "While it is true I am here under an alias, you underestimate me."

"Will you take the offer?" She watched as she saw a hint of hope in the expression less man.

She shrugged, "Sure, I was getting bored here anyways. I have nothing to lose."

"Open on cell 5," the guard shouted.

"I trust you already signed the papers," She lazily said. Agent Hotchner nodded. "Great. First order of business, you my handsome friend will buy me dinner. The food here sucks."

Strauss spoke for him, "I don't think that's a good idea."

Agent Hotchner decided against her decision, oddly enough. "While I appreciate your concern Erin, she has nothing to gain by pulling any stunts."

"Aaron, what is their to guarantee that she won't run off at the first opportunity she has? We both know she has enough expertise to disappear off into the wind never to be seen again," Strauss argued.

Lilith interjected, "Sorry but I'm still here. And while all those things are true. I was being truthful when I said I was bored. Put one of those trackers on my ankle if you're so worried I'll run away."