Eight

Derek Morgan was woken up by the sound of banging on his front door

Derek Morgan was woken up by the sound of banging on his front door. He was wearing sweats only and didn't both to put on shoes as he answered the door.

His eyes widened in surprise as he opened the door. "Hotch what are you doing here?"

Hotch replied, "Morgan where is she? I know she's here."

Morgan was confused at his coworker's tone of voice. "Is something the matter? She's sleeping in the other room."

"There was a misunderstanding yesterday and I want to talk to her," he said. If Morgan didn't know any better he would say his tone was frantic. But no, Aaron Hotchner was a level headed man who rarely expressed emotion. Surely Morgan was just imagining things. There was no way in hell that the Aaron Hotchner was frantically knocking on his door at such an early hour.

Lilith leaned against the door frame as she wore one of Morgan's hoodies that were three sizes too big for her and reached to her fingertips. "Yeah? Well I don't want to speak to you, sir. If Morgan agrees, I would like to live with him instead."

Morgan was caught between two alpha personas engaged in a battle of wits. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Hotch shot her a look. "You know very well Strauss would not allow that."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah because you men treat me like I'm some Black Widow. News flash. I'm not one of your serial killers you can profile and reduce to science. Take what I said last night as you will. I'm a product of my upbringing, but that does not mean I'm proud of it. You preach respect and inclusion yet you bolt at the first sign of anger. Trust is earned and so far the only person I trust is Jason Gideon. If he sides with you then I'll go back with you, but I know him. He thinks logically. While you, you're impulsive and one day that will be your downfall."

"Enough," Morgan shouted. "Stop arguing like children. Hotch give her some time to cool off. I will take full responsibility for her. I think both of you will benefit from reflecting on your actions."

Hotch nodded, "I'll notify Strauss. Let her know she's staying with you for the time being."

She was free. For the first time she felt free. Free from the overbearing suffocating man that was Aaron Hotchner. Lilith went back into the bedroom and changed. Luckily her go bag had been with her which meant she had clothes.

Morgan leaned against the bathroom door as she changed inside. "So why was Hotch so angry?"

"Because he doesn't know how to read people," she retorted.

Morgan chuckled, "Baby girl, you're just hard to read. No one knows what your thinking or what your next move will be. You're an unknown variable and that puts Hotch on edge."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah? Well sucks for him. He's the one who needs to take a hike."

Morgan gave her a disapproving look. "You both need to blow off some steam. He's a good man."