Chapter 3 - Liam

The sun hit my face when I step outside. But the warmth of the sunlight does nothing to light up the dark void lodged in my heart.

I go for a run every morning. Same routine every day. I get up at 8 am, put on some clothes before going for a run around the neighborhood.

Today I'm wearing my white trainers along with some green sweatpants and a light, black windbreaker over my t-shirt since it's still March.

Since there are always people out and about, I'm sporting my black Ray Bands and a black beanie to hide my identity. Put on a mask and I'd be ready to rob a bank.

Don't get me wrong, I love my fans and everything they've done and still do for me. But It's nice to have some privacy as well.

I lock the door before I start jogging down the stairs, taking a right and continuing jogging down the sidewalk. I jog past houses that look pretty much the same, but there's still those little things that separates them from each other. Like a swing set or a trampoline. Some have a red door, one house has a pink one. The curtains are not the same either.

I live in an area with brick houses and back yards. The houses all have beautiful gardens with flowers just starting to bloom. There are families and little children everywhere I go. Don't get me wrong, I love my house, but without them nothing feels like home.

We were supposed to get back in 2017. We're now in 2021. The whole point of the hiatus was to get a break so we could get back stronger. Better. We all needed it. I know I did. But it's not better now.

It's the same. Controlling management. No control over my platforms. Not being able to talk about things with my fans. Contracts and people with power treating me like a money-making machine and not a human being.

I'm not as over-worked anymore. But this time around, I'm all alone. I live alone. I eat dinner alone. My son doesn't live with me. I don't have my best mates.

I feel the muscles in my legs starting ot burn, not realizing how long or fast I've been running. I check my watch, seeing that I've been running for almost 40 minutes. Looking around at the more crowded streets, children rushing not to be later than they already are for school. Cars crowding the roads on their way to work.

I stop, bending over trying to catch my breath. I wasn't supposed to go this far out. Or be out this long. I see a girl, looking around 14, staring at me, phone clutched tightly in her fist. She looks like she's about to freak. So much for the sunglasses and beanie keeping me from being recognized.

I put on my best fake smile and wave at her, hoping it'll tell her that it's okay to approach me. She seems to take the hint, cause she walks up to me looking equally terrified and excited.

Her blonde hair is in a high ponytail and her brown eyes are filling up with tears. She's wearing a navy blue jacket and black skinny jeans. Harry always used to wear those. Her nails are painted black and yellow. Her right hand are all yellow except for the middle one. That one's black. Her left is the opposite. I've seen some people on tiktok painting their nails like this.

Apparently it's from a really popular Harry fanfiction where we're all in the mafia.

I take off my sunglasses hoping it will calm her down a bit. I'm just a normal man with an abnormal job. I really hope I'm not making her late for school.

She finally gets the courage to look me in the eyes. "Hey! My name's Audrey and I'm a huge fan of yours. I really don't know what to say. I really love you and your music. I must sound like a total loser, crying and rambling like an idiot. I just never imagined I'd ever get to meet you. My friends all think I'm lame for still liking you and the other boys, but I think you're all amzayn." she rushes out, sounding really nervous and excited.