Chapter 8 - Louis

After Niall left to go pick up Liam and Harry, Zayn and I talked.

We both explained and forgave each other, deciding that the time for meaningless fights and grudges is over. We both missed the other too much.

Zayn headed up to take a shower a couple minutes ago. It shouldn't be long until Niall comes back either. Meaning I will have to see Harry again soon.

I could technically leave, take Zayn and drive far away from any possible confrontation that will take place. Not just with me and Harry, but also Harry, Liam and Zayn. Seeing as they didn't exactly part on a good note. Either of them.

I am definitely not just looking for an excuse to avoid seeing the love of my life in person for the first time in five years after he left, practically ambushing him. Not at all.

But that would kind of defeat the purpose of our plan, wouldn't it?

So instead of running like my life depends on it, I'm seated on Zayn's leather couch again. Waiting.

The plus side to this whole thing is that Zayn decided to shower downstairs. Giving me the chance to hear him singing to himself in the shower. To my surprise, he's been singing songs from Made In The A.M.

When I heard his angelic voice singing If I Could Fly, it got me wondering (I may have shed a tear or two).

If he'd never left, what would Made In The A.M have been? Would we have done the tour for it? Would we have made a sixth album? Would we be making out 10th? Would One Direction ever had gone on hiatus?

Would we all still be here?

After talking properly to Zayn, I am for the first time ever, grateful. I'm grateful he had the courage to leave everything he knew behind, knowing he might lose the people he love. If he hadn't left, chances are, one of us would've at some point. Permanently.

My thoughts are interrupted by a warm hand on my shoulder.

I turn my head, seeing Zayn standing there in a pair of black jeans and a simple, white t-shirt showing off his many tattoos. His hair still damp from his shower, pushed back.

I hadn't even noticed the shower stopped running.

"You okay Lou?", Zayn asks.

I slide further down the couch to make room for him. "Yeah. Just thinking." I respond, trying to sound like I'm not about crap my pants.

Zayn gives me a look telling me I'm full of crap, reading me like an open book, "Shut it mate. You and me both know you're full of shit. What were you thinking about?" He asks, placing his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

I relax into the couch, feeling his eyes bore into the side of my head waiting for me to respond. "Thank you, Zee."

"For what?", he looks genuinely confused, a crease forming between his dark eyebrows. Head tilted slightly to the side, looking slightly like a puppy.

I clear my throat before responding, "Thank you for what you did Zayn," I grab his hand, giving it a squeeze, "Thank you for having the courage to do what we couldn't I've acted like you owe us an apology for it, but you really didn't. I owe you one for not thanking you for probably saving all out lives."

If possible, Zayn looks even more confused than before. "Are you actually thanking me for leaving the band? Lou, what's going on?"

"Nothing's going on, well except for all of us being in the same room again." He laughs at that, "I just mean, I am so grateful to you. If one of us hadn't left, the break probably would've happened to late.", I try to explain.

"What to you mean to late?"

I take a deep breathe before voicing the terrifying truth I've realized, "I mean that if we'd kept going the way we were. The crazy schedule, being controlled, manipulated, used. You know what I'm getting at." I fail to prevent my voice from shaking. Zayn notices and scoots over, wrapping his arm around me.

I lean into him, letting his warmth comfort me before continuing, speaking into his shoulder, "When you left, you started something. Made us realize something. That ended in us going on a break not even a year later. I'm afraid if that hadn't happened, not all of us would've still been here today."

I don't have the heart to say it out loud, but Zayn still got the point when I hear a sniffle. I pulled back, seeing Zayn with red eyes and tears streaming down his cheeks.

My heart tugs at the sight of my best mate in pain.

"Hey", I wrap my arms around him, "Shhh, I didn't mean to make you cry."

Zayn buries his head in my shoulder, a sob wracking his body. "It's just, I don't really know what to say.", he chokes out.

I hold him tighter, trying to calm him. "It's okay Zee. You don't have to explain."

He nods and squeezes me back.

God, I've missed him.

There's a knock at the door just as I notice Zayn starting to calm down.

We both tense up when a cheerful voice calls out, "HONEY! WE'RE HOME!"

-

A/N

Hey!

I'm back! 

200 reads. I am speechless! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Harry was nominated for a Brit!!

I'm not over the Grammys yet. 

The other boys should've been nominated too. 

It's also snowing. In april. It's not okay.

Any who, I hope you liked this chapter. I know it's short, but I am incapable of getting to the point. So this is a filler.

I'm sorry for the shitty dialogue, I'm trying to get better at it, so bear with me.

I hope you're doing alright. Pls don't hesitate to message me here or on insta if you wanna talk or just rant. My insta is emi_mk97

Remember to eat and drink water. Treat People With Kindness

If you've made it this far, I LOVE YOU!

- Emily xx

(Please vote and comment)