Chapter 4 - Niall

Today is the day we try and get us back together. Or, at least on speaking terms again.

Louis has been quiet the entire ride over here. He's probably more nervous than me about seeing Zayn again. I texted him last night, but got no reply. Maybe he just didn't want to speak to me after all the times I ignored him.

When he didn't respond, I texted Gigi. Since neither me or Louis have any idea where the man lives now, his girlfriend was the safest bet. She told us the address immediately after I explained why I suddenly needed to see Zayn.

It was surprising to fins out that he, like Louis and I lives in a rather small apartment instead of a big, fancy house like he talked about wanting to own when we were younger. I guess things change for all of us.

We're two minutes out and Louis and I haven't come up with a plan yet. I turn to face him, seeing him staring out at the passing buildings, seemingly in deep thought.

"Hey Lou." I try. He turns his head to look at me. "What?" "We need some kind of plan on what we're going to say to him. Seeing as we've all been complete dicks to each other the last five years."

I keep an eye on the road as I wait for him to come up with an answer. But we really do need some kind of idea on how we're going to approach our former, hopefully still, best mate.

"I'm going to apologize, ask for an explanation and be understanding. Try to at least.", Louis suddenly says. Face determined. I nod in response, waiting for him to elaborate. He seems to get the point as I park the car across the street for what's supposed to be Zayn's home. "Well, like you said we've been arseholes to him, but he also did wrong. I think we have a shot at getting him back if we talk like adults instead of acting like teenagers." He finishes.

"Look who's a grown up!", I exclaim and shake is shoulder. Louis smiles brightly back at me. I'm so grateful to have him beside me right now. Even if we both look like we just rolled out of bed.

Louis is wearing grey sweatpants and a black TPWK hoodie. I may have thought of commenting on it, but chose not to. He's also sporting his black vans and is putting on a pair of sunglasses and a black beanie.

I'm wearing some grey sweatpants as well and a plain, white hoodie. My shoes are just some black Nikes. I put on a black beanie and sunglasses as well. No need for rumors to start going around just yet.

"Is he home?", Louis asks. I look over at the brick building. The lights are all off and I don't see a car. "I don't think so." I say. Louis nods and pulls his phone out of his pocket. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Just seeing if there's a shop nearby." I instantly smile widely, grabbing him by the shoulders before turning him around as much as possible. He looks confused by my sudden manhandling, understandably so. "I love you Tommo." I tell him. He grins back at me, "I love you to Irish."

"There's one just five minutes out." Louis tells me after googling for what feels like forever. Was he trying to find conspiracies on iPhones again or something? "Took you long enough. I'm starving." I say as I turn the key and start driving.

-

We managed to not get recognized, which is a miracle and a blessing. Since we were together. Our trip ended up with us buying crisps, chocolate, soda, beer, pastries and some fruits and berries. Or more like me grabbing stuff and Louis shaking his head at me. At least some things haven't changed.

We're now on our way back to Zayn's and Louis is scolding me for telling the cashier to fuck off. "You can't just yell and cuss at people at a store because they bother you. What if we'd gotten recognized? What if he'd-", I interrupt his angry rant, "IN my defense, he was judging us. We're going to visit a friend. We need food to be good guest. And it is rude to stare at two innocent, rich souls who are just trying to be good guests by buying a lot of junk food with his ugly, judging eyes."

Louis rolls his eyes at me. I smile triumphantly as we park in the same spot again. There's now a black Range Rover parked in front of Zayn's house. Guess he's home now. I look at Louis, seeing his eyebrows are drawn together and his bottom lip pulled between his teeth, worry evident in his eyes.

I'm pretty anxious myself. "It's gonna be okay Lou. We're gonna go in, give him beer and snacks. He'll have to love us.", I try reassuring him as much as myself. Louis let's out a half hearted laugh. "Try texting him again." I nod, pulling out my phone to text Zayn again.

Me: Hey Zee. I got your address from Gigi and I saw your car out front. I'm parked right across the street. Can I come in?

I press send before showing Louis the text. "You didn't think to mention that a certain Louis Tomlinson was tagging along?", he comments with an eyeroll. I flick him in the forehead with a scoff. "I'm nervous you wanker. Cut me some slack."

After what feels like an hour, but it's probably only been a couple minutes, my phone lights up. Trying to calm myself down a bit, I unlock my phone and hope this isn't in vain.

Ringo: You are?

Me: Look outside and see if you don't believe me. I come bearing gifts!

"What's taking so bloody long?", I hear Louis nearly shout. I decide to ignoring him, chuking his rude behavior down to being nervous.

Ringo: Ok.

Me: Brilliant! See you in a sec Malik!

I changed his contact name after Gigi sent me his new number for the 8th time. I'd just seen Harry's monologue and thought it was funny.

"Well," I say, looking over at Louis once again, "Let's go get out boy back and eat some fookin food! I'm starving!"

-

A/N

Hey!

Thursday was a sad day. Six years since Zayn left. I may or may have cried over it. Guess we'll never know.

I am still trying to improve and write better dialogue. Along with everything else. 

I'm not going to force myself to write when I don't have inspiration to. The result is just me getting tired of what I'm writing. And I'd really like to finish this at some point. Which is why I have no upload schedule.

Today my favourite song is Love You Goodbye and All That. I don't know why I'm telling you this, but now you know. It'll probably change by tomorrow.

I really hope you liked this chapter though. 

Another hobby of mine is drawing, so if you wanna check out my drawings, I post some on instagram. My username is emi_mk97

That's it for now

Also, this is just a filler. Hehe

I hope you're doing okay. Message me if you'd like.

Treat People With Kindness.

- Emily xx

(Please vote and comment)