Chapter 19 - Niall

"I did a thing.", I confess.

I hear Liam sigh from the other end of the phone call, "Niall, I swear to god, you better not have started a clothing line about avocados just to piss Louis off."

"Hey, that was a good idea.", I defend in faux offence, fighting off the smile threatening to break out.

"No it wasn't. I'm sorry Ni, but Louis wouldn't speak to you for days.", he points out.

"Fine, but listen. Say, hypothetically I made an impulsive purchase a couple of minutes ago. How would you feel about that?"

"Niall.", Liam warns through the phone, "You better tell me right now before I come find you and drag your Irish arse back to Harry's."

What's he doing at Harry's house? "Did something happen with Hazza?", I ask frantically, worry immediately pushing away what I was originally planning on telling him.

"No, he's ok.", Liam assures me, "Now tell me what was so important."

I take a deep breath, "I bought a house.", I blurt out, looking up at the beautiful three-story house in front of me.

It was a rather rash decision. But hey, I was freaking out after I'd dropped everyone off yesterday. And house hunting usually calms me down when playing the guitar doesn't do the trick.

Only, I usually don't buy the houses I'm looking at.

"You did what?"

I can't help letting out a laugh at his extreme high pitch. "I bought a house.", I repeat.

"We get home from the meeting, and you buy a house?", Liam asks, as if he's still trying to wrap his head around it.

"Yup.", I confirm. "But I'm gonna come over, it's getting chilly out here."

I'm already jogging back to my car, firing up the heat once I'm inside. "Also, did you see what Louis did on twitter?", I ask once I have him on speaker, pulling out of the driveway. I don't even try to hide the excitement in my voice.

My ship is gonna sail despite those nasty fuckers' efforts. I am proud to be the captain.

"Of course I did. Don't think Harry has yet, though.", Liam informs me, sounding equally happy about it.

"Why are you at Harry's anyway?"

"He was in pretty bad shape last night. Sent a bunch of texts that I opened too late. When I arrived, he was already wasted on the floor.", his tone changes drastically as he remembers last night.

"Is he alright now?"

"He's still sleeping."

It's almost 3 pm. Maybe coming over isn't such a good idea if he needs sleep that bad. "Should I come over another time?"

"No, no. Come over. You'll probably cheer him up with that ridiculous house you bought.", he assures me.

"I'm gonna let that one slide this time, Payno. But I'll have you know, our house is a real beauty.", I say in all seriousness.

"Wait, did you say our?"

Shit. That wasn't supposed to happen. "No?", I try. "I said poor."

I'm lying through my teeth. And he knows it.

I can clearly picture the smug look he's sporting right now as I pull up to Harry's house.

Before he can accuse me of anything true, I hang up. So what if I thought buying a house we all could live in if the other's want it. We'll probably end up at one of our houses anyway.