just you & me

"You can tell me, betts. What's going on." Veronica says to Betty. 

They're sitting on Veronica's queen size bed, Betty's picking at the lose strings on Veronica's bed spread. 

"Betty, you can talk to me. You know that right?" Veronica asked, the girl was stuck in her own world, not answering to Veronica.

Veronica stuck on her hand and gripped Betty's cheek with it and pulled her best friend back to reality. "Did you hear me?" Betty had a dazed look on her face but she was listening now.

Betty had climbed through her best friend's window late at night because her parents were fighting, and she couldn't take the screaming the sounds of glass flying everywhere. It was too much.  

"My parents are fighting again, and I think my father is gonna start getting violent." Betty told her best friend, and fell into her lap. "I wish they could just agree with each other, and I feel like it's my fault because I can't do anything about it when I should be the one stopping it." 

"Don't say that, I hate when you say that. It hurts me when you fucking say that." Veronica said, curses were rare coming from her mouth. "Anything that your parents do isn't your fault. You did nothing to make them that way." 

"Ro- I was the one who started their fight today. I told them...I told them that I like girls, and they went all rouge on each other because they thought they didn't raise me right so it was my fault." Betty said, tears were streaming down her face. "Ronnie, they threw me out of the face because they're homophobic."

Veronica was furious and anger coursed through her body. How dare they. How dare they kick out her precious best friend. She wasn't letting this go. She made a vow to herself saying that she would protect Betty.

"No. We're going to your house right now, I don't care what fucking time it is. I'm speaking to your parents." Veronica said, sternly.

"V, please no," Betty said, quickly lacing their fingers together, Veronica quickly calmed down at the sensation of her best friend's touch. "Stay here. Just you, and me. please." Brown eyes met blue eyes. 

Oh here we go...

Veronica eyes drifted down to Betty's lips, they were oh so kissable.... 

They were both leaning in, unaware of what they were doing. Their lips made contact and the whole world froze. Veronica let go of Betty's hands and softly gripped the back of her neck, and coaxed the blonde closer to her. It was a short and sweet kiss. 

"Okay?" Veronica asked, tilting her head.

"Okay." Betty said, as if they were agreeing that the kiss was perfectly fine between the both of them.

It was perfect. 

And Betty...

She was in love with Veronica, but she didn't need to know that now. 

That could wait. 

hi a quick little beronica oneshot, these are  fun to writeeeee

 -m