second chance

Two words rang through Veronica Lodge's ears and through her brain when she walked into school Monday morning. 

"We're done." 

The two words that she never wanted to hear come out of her girlfriend's mouth, the pass events from the weekend followed her around the whole day. Fucking Nick Saint Clair. 

SATURDAY (2 HOURS BEFORE BREAKUP) 

It was finally her girlfriend's birthday, she was turning 18. Such a huge number.

"Happy birthday baby," Veronica surprised her girlfriend at her house that morning. "I brought presents." 

"Oh Ronnie..." Betty said, pulling the shorter girl by her belt loops to her. "You didn't have to." She leaned down and pecked her girlfriend's lips.

"Oh of course I had to, it's my love's birthday." Veronica said smiled and patted her cheek. "Now, come open your presents." 

Veronica gave Betty the first small box, she opened it and her eyes went wide. It was a small gold necklace, that had a little pendant, engraved on it was B&V. Betty's eye twinkled at the necklace.

"Ronnie, this is beautiful. I love it." Betty said, and put the necklace around her neck. 

"There's one more, this is the most important one but I want to open this one and give it to you." Veronica said and opened the box. Betty's eyes went so wide.... 

It was a ring, a promise ring. 

"Ronnie..." Betty whispered, her hands flying to her mouth.  

"This is a promise ring, when we get out of this place, and find a future together. I'm gonna purpose to you. I promise." Veronica said the biggest smile appearing on her face. It was a dream come true. 

Betty pulled the girl into her arms and showered her with kisses. It was the best birthday present ever and she was so ready for their future. 

HOZONE (15 MINUTES BEFORE BREAKUP) 

"What's up Ronnie," Archie approached the brunette at the bar. "How goes it?" 

"Amazing Archiekins, Betty is having the time of her life, so I'm good." Veronica said, taking a sip of her beer. 

Archie and Veronica had interest in each other at some point, till Betty completely changed her view, which she was totally fine with.

"Wanna dance?" Archie asked, holding out his hand to Veronica.

"Never thought you'd ask." Veronica took his hand and they started to dance, it started out as a friendly dance.

Then Archie wrapped his hands around Veronica's waist, dipping dangerously close to her ass. 

Veronica didn't pull back. Shit. 

Archie was leaning down to capture Veronica's lips in his.

Little did Veronica know...

Betty was watching the whole time. 

After Archie and Veronica's little moment, Archie had left the club so Veronica went off to find Betty, forgetting that she cheated on her five minutes ago. After looking for a while, she finally found her sitting at a table at the back of the club. 

"Baby, I've been looking for you. Where ya been?" Veronica asked, sitting next to her. Betty was looking down at her hands that were in her lap.

"Oh just sitting back here...Watching you shove your tongue down Archie's throat." Betty's voice raised and Veronica's eyes got wide. 

"Betty..." Veronica said, she noticed the necklace and promise ring that she had given her a few hours before. 

"Why? I thought we were done with this feud with Archie? We vowed that we would never let a boy between us, and look what you've done. On my birthday too Veronica? That's kinda low of you, don't you think?" Betty got up and shook her head, "You know I thought you really meant what you said earlier but I guess not, so get the hell out of my face." 

"Be- please just hear me out," Veronica said, trying to grab her hands but Betty moved away and laughed sarcastically.  

"Don't even try playing the victim Veronica, I saw what I saw and there's no explanation for it." Betty said, her eyes were filled with tears at this point.

"Betty please." Veronica's voice shook.

"We're done." Betty said, and at that Beronica was over. 

BACK TO PRESENT

Betty crossed paths with Veronica, they shared a quick glance but nothing more. Second chances aren't always for everyone...

Are they? 

this one was kinda sad but it's okay, i'll publish a better one later. 

-m