big city

Betty Cooper got the news one day after school that she was leaving Riverdale, and going onto a new future. 

The Coopers had decided to move to New York, it was definitely unexpected because why would they move from such a small town to a huge city? 

The next morning after the news was dropped to her, the Coopers were already up and leaving. She had no time to say goodbye to all her friends, it was quick and fast, they were gone just like that.

But why? 

________________________________________

The Coopers had bought a house in a nice neighborhood, Betty wondered where they got the money from, because houses in New York City were damn right expensive. She decided not to question their antics.

"Elizabeth, honey, there's a coffee shop down the street. Can you go down there and grab us some pastries? I already called in the order." Alice gave Betty a few dollars to pay.

"Um, sure." Betty said and walked in the direction of the small coffee shop.

It was way more fancy than some of the coffee shops she remembered from Riverdale, there no booths, no jukebox, and no smell of grease. It was like she was an outsider.

"Hey, you must be new, I haven't seen you around here," 

A random girl approached Betty, and woah. Who is this girl? 

"I..uh, yeah I am?" Betty said, when she turned and made eye contact with the girl, she swore she melted. 

Holy shit. 

Her hair fell perfectly around her face, and her eyes were a perfect shade of brown. She was perfect.

"Right, sorry. My manners, I'm Veronica Lodge," Veronica held out her hand for Betty to shake, which she did. "

"Nice to meet you, I'm Betty Cooper," oh, that named sounded familiar, "Veronica....You're giving me that tour tomorrow right?" 

"Correct, I'm your pure mentor." Veronica said, Betty noticed that the table she was sitting at was empty. 

Was she alone?

"Well, it was really great meeting you Veronica." Betty said and gave her a smile then turned around to get the pastries for her mom.

Mysterious, but beautiful. 

___________________________

Veronica was born and raised in New York, her whole life was revolved around New York. Her parents worked there, she went to school there, her whole life was New York.  Veronica didn't have many friends, not really any at all, there were a few here and there but they all left. She was independent after all.

The first day of school was Monday and she was already dreading it, she had spent the whole day complaining to her parents about it.

"Daddy, can I just be homeschooled for this year?" Veronica whined.

"Mija, I told you. Your mother and I don't have the time to teach you here." Hiram told his daughter, rubbing his temples. "How about you go down to the coffee shop for a bit? To cool down."

Veronica rolled her eyes but happily left and walked to the coffee shop. It was kind of empty but her regular seat was open so she sat there, on her laptop, scrolling through Instagram. When a blonde ponytail came into her view, she stopped what she was doing.

The ponytail stood perfectly on her head, no hair out of place, just from a side view, this girl looked gorgeous. There was long line, so this was Veronica's chance to introduce herself.

"Hey, you must be new, I haven't seen you around here," she hoped she didn't startle her, but the girl only half turned to her. 

"I..uh, yeah I am," the girl fully turned to Veronica, and the two made eye contact...

And woah. 

This girl is drop dead gorgeous, and ridiculously beautiful.

"Right, sorry. My manners, I'm Veronica Lodge," Veronica held out her hand for the blonde to shake, which she did.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Betty Cooper," There was silence for a second, "Veronica....You're giving me that tour tomorrow right?" 

"Correct, I'm your pure mentor." Veronica clasped out her hands in front of her and smiled. 

"Well, it was really great meeting you, Veronica." Veronica's knees went weak when the blonde grinned at her before walking up to the register.

Oh man. 

I'm down bad already. 

okay so i'm making a few parts to this story because why not? btw this idea is from justxboringxme

-m