not the real thing (last part)

Hours after the football that the bulldogs had won, Reggie threw his party. There was music, underage drinking, of course, lots of people and dancing. Betty and Veronica came in with the late group because they wanted some time for themselves of course.

"So what's the plan for tonight, Ronnie?" Betty asked, now her arm was over her shoulder and Veronica was holding the hand, hanging off the side of her shoulder.

"We have to scratch rule number 1 tonight, betts," Veronica said, looking up at her. "It's a high school party, and couples don't usually ask for permission to kiss one another." Betty bit her bottom lip slightly, as if she was deep in thought.

"Fine, but just for tonight. And please, no sneak attacks." Betty said and kissed Veronica's forehead. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Veronica had the most dazed look on her face when Betty pulled back. 

"You're just...so beautiful, but no promises, Cooper." Veronica said, and opened the front door to Reggie's house. Betty blushed and smiled.

"Oh ladies, welcome to my humble abode." Reggie said, holding a red cup in his hand. They could both smell the alcohol on his breath.

Of course he was already drunk. 

"Thanks Reg, do you know where Archie is?" Veronica asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He's in the family room," Reggie pointed, "Enjoy your night."

Betty and Veronica walked into the family room, there were a few familiar faces, Kevin was there, talking to Jughead, Cheryl was all over Toni and Josie was sipping a drink in the corner, then Archie, was talking to one of his football buddies.

"Here we go." Veronica said and found an open are on the couch for her and Betty to sit on. 

It was quiet and a little boring for a while, till Veronica decided to "spice" things up.

She grabbed Betty's face and began to kiss her.

It wasn't the peck like it usually was, it was a full on kiss. She slid her tongue into Betty's mouth and Betty slowly slide it. Their lips were a perfect fit. The attention was on them now.

Betty squeezed Veronica's waist, and Veronica's hands slid from the sides of her face to tangle in Betty's blonde strands.

"Will you two get a room?" Archie's voice rang in their moment, his voice was sounded annoyed and defeated. 

Their lips disconnected with an audible smack. Veronica winked at Betty then put her best annoyed face on.

"Oh please Andrews, you're just jealous." Veronica said, moving closer to Betty.

"Screw the both of you." Archie threw his cup down and walked away.

"I guess that worked." Betty said.

_______________________________________

It was time.

No more fake dating, no more fake girlfriends.

Back to best friends I guess? 

Veronica couldn't take it, neither of them could take it. 

"Thanks for your help Betty," Veronica said, they were home from the party and they were sitting together on Ronnie's bed. "I really owe you for this one." 

"Don't sweat it Ronnie," Betty said and threw a wink in her direction. 

Betty couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm in love with you." 

Oh she didn't expect that to come out of her mouth.

Betty's eyes were wide with pure horror, and a hand was slapped over her mouth. "That wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth, I totally just ruined everything, didn't I?" 

"B..." Veronica said quietly.

"I'm sorry, if this is too much. It just came out." Betty was moving her hands around, and rambling.

"Betty...." Veronica said more sternly, but Betty ignored her.

"Ronnie, I really hope that didn't mess up our friendship because you're a really good friend." Betty took a long breath. 

"Elizabeth Cooper," Veronica pressed a hand to her chest, "You listen to me now before you get yourself stuck in a tizzy." 

"I'm sorry..." Betty said.

"For someone with such good grades, you can be so dumb, Betty Cooper." Veronica said, and chuckled to herself. 

"I'm sorry?" Veronica laughed at Betty's dazed and dumbstruck look on her face. 

"I'm in love with you too, B." Veronica admitted.

"Wh-what?" Betty asked, a smile smiling creeping on her face.

"I was never interested in Archie, he was just a distraction from what I really wanted and that's you Betty." Veronica said put her hand on Betty's cheek.

"So...then what does this mean?" 

"Betty, I want us." Veronica said, bumping her forehead against's Betty's. "I want the real thing." 

Betty felt the butterflies she felt when she first met Veronica, that day in the diner was the day she fell in love with the girl she would spend her whole life with.

The girl she wanted a future with.

Her soulmate.

OKAY, this is the last part. thanks for reading this. 

-m