crazy for you, babe

Betty wasn't the kind of person to fall in love with someone at first sight. She never really believed in love, after her best friend/love of her life Archie Andrews rejected her at the winter formal. Ever since then, she's completely dropped love. 

But for one person...not quite.

When Veronica Lodge stepped into Pop's diner, she felt the whole room shift, and suddenly, everyone was wrapped around her little finger. 

Including Betty Cooper.

Maybe love at first sight is real? 

________________________________

Veronica had come into her life like a bullet, so quick you can't stop it. She became Betty's rock, her light in the dark, her best friend....her crush... Betty always had second thoughts about her strange liking towards Veronica, maybe it was the way Veronica looked at her, or the way Veronica showered her with affection as if they haven't seen each other for weeks. Although Betty didn't mind, she was still confused and clueless why Veronica acts this way towards her.

Betty knew that back in New York, Veronica was the prideful rich bitch that everyone wanted to be, but in Riverdale, she was the exact opposite. Kevin suggested that maybe Veronica liked her, but as her mom says, "Veronica Lodge doesn't like girls like us." So what is she supposed to believe? 

Cheryl had barged into their conversation one day during lunch, visibly convincing Veronica to tryout for the River Vixens. Cheryl was always trying to find a way to destroy Betty, or somehow mess her life up. Before Betty knew it, she was saying yes to Veronica, after her offer to show her moves.

Whatever the hell that meant.

Turns out, Veronica did have moves, and plenty to show Betty. At the tryouts, Cheryl had aggressively told the girls that their routine didn't have enough "heat" or "sizzle" It was like a light bulb had appeared on Veronica's head, Betty saw Veronica throw her pom poms down, and she felt her fingers wrapped around her wrist, pulling her closer, and woah.

Veronica was kissing her, in front of Cheryl Blossom. A defensive mechanism, a ploy, and an awe. Her hands were holding Betty's face aloft so softly and so delicately, Betty was sure she was getting addicted. After a few seconds, Veronica pulled back, and was obviously proud of herself at the dazed look on her face. Of course, Cheryl wouldn't budge. 

Betty was trying to listen but all she could do was feel Veronica's lips on hers, she felt the urge to touch her lips. A few seconds later, Veronica is behind Betty, zipping up her cheer uniform.

She was still curious why Veronica was being so nice to her, so she finally asked. 

"When my father got arrested...it was the worst thing ever. My mom and I got threatening emails from random people, saying that my father was a thief, and that my mother was a clueless socialite, and that I was the spoiled rich bitch and the ice princess. The worst thing was...all of it was true, I was like Cheryl, I hurt people to their core. So when my mom told me that we were moving to Riverdale, I made a vow with myself that I'll make a new life here, hopefully become a better version of myself." 

Oh. 

Veronica just wanted a new life...So then that's what Betty is gonna help her with. Help Veronica become a better version of herself. 

__________________________________

The day Veronica finally comes clean to Kevin about her feelings for Betty, is the day of the junior prom. Betty had asked Veronica before anyone else could because no one was going to junior prom with Veronica Lodge but her. Of course Veronica said yes because who would miss out on the chance to slow dance with Betty Cooper? 

"So I was right the whole time, Lodge." Kevin pranced around Veronica's room with pride, "I just knew it." 

Veronica slipped on her dress and glanced at herself in her mirror, "Oh please Kev, you're lucky I even told you, I wasn't going to come clean ever." 

"Are you gonna tell her tonight?" 

"Are you nuts? Hell no." Veronica stated.

___________________________________

At the dance, Archie and Reggie were already drunk, Kevin was running around trying to find any gay guy in his vision, and Betty and Veronica were already out on the dance floor, moving in sync with the slow song that played.

"So, how does it feel to be dancing with Veronica Lodge?" The brunette asked, twisting Betty's baby hairs around her finger. 

"Oh it's an honor, I feel like a queen." Betty answered her sarcastically, Veronica's smiled dropped and her eyes became soft. "I'm just kidding Ronnie, I'm glad I'm dancing with you." The brunette's smile appeared back on her face.

"Good answer, Cooper." Veronica smiled so brightly and so happily, Betty couldn't help but smile back.

Veronica caught a glance of Kevin, who was watching them like a hawk. Veronica saw him mouth, "Do it" 

Even if she did tell Betty, God knows what she's gonna say. Their whole friendship could be ruined by three words, or all goes good and Betty feels the same way. But why would she? Deep down, Veronica Lodge is still the rich bitch. She started to panic, and her heartbeat became louder in her ears, she could no longer hear the song that played from the overhead speakers, Betty's expression was now concerned.

"Ronnie, are you okay?" Betty asked, she searched Veronica's face for any kind of answer. 

"Yeah, sorry..I just need some air." Veronica quickly walked to the door and stepped outside, she inhaled and exhaled.

Betty quickly followed suit, "Ronnie, what is going on?" 

"I'm in love with you." 

Veronica's eyes became wide with horror, her hands flew over her mouth as she stepped back from the blonde. Dammit Veronica, that wasn't supposed to come out of your mouth.

"You're..in love..with me?" Betty pointed to herself, the bashfulness in her expression was so adorable and dumbstruck that Veronica just wanted to grab her face and kiss her.

"I'm so crazy for you, Betty Cooper. Ever since I met you," Veronica admitted, "I knew it's been you because you listened when I told you about my past in New York, and you're always here to wipe my tears when I need it. Betty, you don't know how special you are, I've never felt this way towards anyone." 

Betty couldn't handle it anymore, she grabbed Veronica by the waist and pressed their lips together. It was enough for Veronica to know that Betty felt the same way.

Veronica wasn't in Riveradale to destroy lives, or to flaunt whatever money she had. She was in Riverdale to have a new life, and live a new way. And Betty...

Well Betty was there to help Veronica through whatever mess she had.

Rich bitch or not, Betty Cooper will always be crazy for Veronica Lodge and Veronica Lodge will forever be crazy for Betty Cooper. 

__________________________________________

there was less dialogue in this one because once i start writing dialogue, i can't stop. i really liked this one shot, i will be updating my "big city" one shot to, there's going to be at least 3 parts to it if i don't get writers block or if I don't get lazy, but thanks for reading, comment whatever requests you have, because I do take requests. love you guys

-m