love is only a feeling

Betty never believed in soulmates. She thought it was some make believe bullshit thing that only happens in movies. No one could convince her otherwise. That was one her beliefs and she was going to believe it. Betty's best guy friend Kevin tried getting her to believe something else but it was no use, she was completely convinced.

"Hey, what are we talking about?" Veronica sat with Betty and Kevin one day at lunch. 

"How Betty doesn't believe in soulmates, or love." Betty hit his arm, and threw a french fry at him. "Hey don't waste food, there are people starving." 

Kevin laughed and took a sip of his drink, "You seriously still don't believe in that? Everyone feels at some point in time. It's been like this since the first grade." Veronica went on. 

"Ronnie, there isn't any word in the dictionary or sentence you could form that'll make me believe in love."

Okay...maybe she was a little wrong about all of this. Deep down, way deep down, Betty had feelings for Veronica and she knew it. All of it was pushed down into her soul so she never had to worry about it. Well, how could she not fall in love with Veronica Lodge. She was the most beautiful creature she's ever seen and the most outgoing person ever. It was quite unexpected. It hit Betty like a bullet, Veronica came right into her life and there was no stopping it. 

The two met at Pop's a year ago and ever since then, it's been a roller coaster. Kevin was the only one who knew.

"Oh come on, not even I can convince you that there's such thing as love, Cooper?" At that, Betty almost choked on her drink, Kevin hit her back a few times just so she didn't.

Holy hell. 

"Sorry about that, that went down the wrong way," Betty said, "But no V, you can't convince me." Veronica frowned at her and groaned.

"You are impossible, Betty Cooper." Veronica stated, "You're coming over after school by the way. We have to study for our history test." 

Betty nodded and continued to eat her food, Kevin looked between the pair and chuckled to himself. 

No one could convince Betty Cooper huh? 

___________________________________

Just like always, Betty and Veronica got distracted 15 minutes into trying to study. Betty was reading a random magazine that she found on Veronica's nightstand and Veronica was scrolling through instagram on her phone. 

"Have you ever thought of leaving this place betts?" Veronica asked, breaking their silence. "I'm sure you know I have."

Betty scratched her head and thought for a second and shook her head, "Not really, I've been here so long I never had the chance to think where I'm going when I graduate." Veronica smiled over at Betty. 

"How about you and I leave when we graduate, let's take a year off and find a place somewhere, then we'll figure out the other things later." Veronica suggested with a smile and confident voice. 

"What about college, Ron? Don't get me wrong, I would love to leave Riverdale, especially with you, but my parents have always wanted me to go to college and be successful." 

"Betts, have you ever settled and thought about what you wanted? It's great that you're listening and being the amazing person you are, but sometimes there are moments where you don't need to perfect or be perfect for someone else. Let your guard down, and just be free." Veronica had a point, all her life, her mother has been on her ass about school, maybe it was her turn to think about what she wanted.

"You are very good at convincing people, Ronnie. I'll think about, and see what I can do, and besides, being roomies with you would be amazing. We could whatever we want." Betty said and grinned. 

Flirty much? 

"Oh really? Like what?" Veronica's voice dropped down a few octaves and a smirk appeared on her face. Betty immediately felt the energy switch.

"Okay Ms.Flirt, hold your horses." Betty said and playfully slapped her arm.

There were many things Veronica could said or done in this situation but Betty wasn't ready for what she would tell her. She had to believe in love first to understand.

"Betty, can you explain to me why you don't believe in love?" 

Betty froze and looked up at Veronica, "Why?" 

"I..I just want to know, 'cause love is something every human should experience, it's not something you want to miss out on." Veronica said, her eyes practically lit up talking about it, Betty couldn't seem to take her eyes off of her best friend's smile. Betty knew in her heart that Veronica would always have a place in her life, either as a soulmate or best friend.

"In the 8th grade, I had the biggest crush on Archie, and at the time I didn't really know what to do so I just went for it. I shot my shot, and he rejected me. I thought Archie and I would be soulmates but he crushed that dream for me. I've just been scared to love someone else like that." Betty was fiddling with her fingers, looking down at Veronica's bed spread. 

"There are billions of other people in this world, and you have so many chances to love someone. Archie was and is still a dick to girls. You didn't need him." Veronica's voice was so soft and smooth, Betty could listen to it on repeat all day if she could. "Hey, and maybe you'll meet someone who will change your view on love because I can tell you that love is only a feeling. It goes away, feelings go away." 

Betty was almost in tears, it wasn't even that big of a deal. It was never supposed to be a big deal. She wanted Veronica to know, she wanted the whole world to know. 

"Ronnie, I'm in love with you." Betty said, Veronica's eyes went wide, her mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. "I've always have been, since the night I met you at Pop's, I just pushed it down and left it there because I thought if I did that, it would be easier to forget about it, but you're always with me, and all it does is make me love you even more. Forget me not believing in love. I only believe it when I'm with you Veronica, and only you." 

Veronica was in tears, this was the best love confession ever, and she didn't want it to end. "I'm in love with you too, Betty." 

Everyone had a soulmate, Veronica's was Betty's, and Betty's was Veronica's. The perfect duo. It was meant to be, even if there were many more steps they had to take. 

this one shot was so BAD. i'm really running out of ideas so help PLEASE