Introduction

Cuphead's Perspective

I walked silently with my moping brother, who was openly pouting about the fact that I'm not letting him be friends with our targets. How crazy is that? It's a simple request. I coughed, almost like a wheeze as Mugman reached for Boris's hand. Mugman quickly pulled his hand away and frowned. I ignored his disappointment and pulled out my cigarette packet from my bag, taking one of the addictive sticks and lighting it with the tip of my finger. I wasted no thoughts about my health as I drew the cigarette to my lips, breathing in the strange addictive smoke. My gaze fell upon the small ink demon happily talking to Felix, purring and acting like an innocent, small child. It disgusts me how much of a fanboy he is. He acts like a naive little shit. As my thoughts continued, puffing way my anxiety, we walked in a huddled group for what seemed like days, but were mere hours. I had barely thought to watch Mugs, and now I was regretting it. I looked over at the young porcelain teen, noticing his fidgeting. I glanced up at his eyes, seeing the tears threatening to stream down his cheeks. I rolled my eyes and crushed the almost dead cigarette, tenth one this hour.

I tossed it away and slowly moved my lengthy armover to his, gently brushing my hand against the shaky mug's. He quickly grasped my hand, beginning to cry. In one sudden action, he hugged me tightly and stopped me in my tracks. "It's alright bro, I'm here." I comforted him and the rest of the group stopped their movement as well. I wrapped my arms around him and allowed him to cry on my shoulder. I noticed the gaze of a certain shortie, looking down to see him looking at me proudly. "Fuck off shortie." I stated and shoved Mugs off of me. Mugs just rubbed his eyes and stood next to me, returning to his default position. "Ah c'mon Cups, that was adorable. Brotherly love." He said and I kicked at him. He snorted and went back to guiding the group. I was about to bring out another cigarette and Mug's cold porcelain hand gently stopped mine. I looked down at him with a raised brow and he smiled nervously. "I'd really like it if you didn't smoke, Cuppy." He explained and I shrugged. "Alright." I agreed rather half-heartedly and held his hand. "How about we snuggle tonight hm? You seem upset today." I recommended and Mugs smiled brightly.

Once we had gotten to a good stopping point, we all made a good spot to hang out while Boris cooked. Mugs decided he wanted to cuddle, so I allowed it. He was literally sitting on me; it was more like I had given silent consent, rather than anything else. "Jeez Mugs, couldn't wait 'til later hm?" I said and was given a tight hug. "Nope." He replied and I petted his back. he smiled and affectionately kissed my cheek, causing me to snicker. "You need a boyfriend Mugs~? Someone to smother with love?" I teased and he blushed shyly. "Well, as soon as we get rid of those pesky li-." I was stopped mid-sentence as a shortie kicked my porcelain head harshly. "Be quiet dipshit-." Bendy said angrily and yelped when I yanked him down by his leg. He fell on his ass and angrily flipped me off. "Well thanks for the love." I joked and Bendy rolled his eyes. Bendy went over to Felix, I suppose so I wouldn't bother him anymore. I looked over at Mugs who was sound asleep on my chest, nuzzling it in his sleep. After a few moments of staring at my adorable brother, I shifted my gaze to the purrers. Bendy was snuggled up with Felix's arm, which made a sort of burning hatred fill me. I turned away and gently rubbed the back of Mug's head, smiling when he started snoring. He's so sweet.

I slowly wrapped my fully clothed arms around his soft shirt, holding him though I could feel him weighing my chest down and hurting my already bad breathing problems. I attempted to breathe and a long wheeze escaped my mouth. Oh great. Jackpot crawled out of my head to check on me and meowed worriedly. "Hi little guy." I said and petted him gently. He purred loudly and went in circles around Mug's chest before sitting down, satisfied with his spot. I rested a hand on his small kitten body. I was still enough that a small butterfly rested its delicate wings by landing on my nose, and Jackpot stared at the butterfly intently. He lifted his haunches up, his pupils widening as he got ready to pounce. He leaped at my nose, narrowly missing the butterfly that fluttered away quickly to safety. I picked up the small kitten, angry that he had done that. I lightly bopped his head, serving as mild punishment. "Bad kitty." I said and he flattened his ears. I sighed and started petting him, making him purr and snuggle up to my face. I closed my eyes, allowing the small kitten to love on me.