Chapter 3, What Do You Want?

I hope you guys understand that I've been busy-.

Cuphead's Perspective

I walked with the ragtag group I had collected (or been forced to take with) and saw a small town near our path. "Hey Boris, we should hang out there. You go find a hotel with Mugs, I'll go get something ta eat and bring it to the hotel." I instructed him and he happily took the opportunity to snuggle up to Mugs. He raced away with the energetic mug in hand, tail wagging and eyes sparkling. I walked to the nearby café and messaged Boris for his order. He asked for a simple ham-and-cheese sandwich, while Mugs wanted lentil soup. I sighed and noticed a certain cup peering over my shoulder. "Hiya Bends." He said and breathed hot breath down my neck. I shivered and looked up at him with an unfriendly frown. He was smiling eerily, oddly nicely and picked me up gently. I tried to wriggle out of his grip due to my automatic response to flee, only to have him hug me from behind. I flinched and looked at him, shocked and concerned. "Cup? Cuphead-? Why- are you doing this-?" I asked nervously and he buried his face in my shoulder. "I just wanna hold ya, Jackpot's hanging out with Mugs so.." He said and my cheeks grew red, half embarrassed and half angered. "I'm not a cat!" I yelled and he laughed, setting me down. "Alright, alright."

I scuttled in to the café and noticed Felix was already set up with his book and pen in hand, furiously writing passionately. I sighed and waited in line with Cuphead very closely behind me. Too close for comfort. I looked up at him uncomfortably and observed that the blonde cup was staring right back with an interested, curious stare. "Hey Cuphead.. How come you're so interested in me?" I asked and he nodded, not listening and lost in his thoughts. "Um- Cup-." I said and gently nudged him. He flinched and blinked, getting out of his strange world. "O-Oh hi Bends. What was it?" He responded. "Why are you acting so strange?" I asked nervously. "Just thinking." He said and I realized I was at the cash register. I rested my head on the counter and looked up at the nice young anthropomorphic parrot, smiling back at the kind feathered man. "Hey, I know it's your job to take my order, but could i write it down instead? I'm real bad at the whole verbal ordering thing. Or being verbal in general." I said awkwardly, and the colorful bird gave me a paper and pen. "Thank you sir." "And thank you very much for coming to our establishment!" He squawked pleasantly. I wrote down the orders and looked at Cup. "Whatcha gonna get Cupster?" I asked and he chuckled. He carefully took the pen from me and wrote down his order below mine with very fancy, fluid lines. It was cursive, nice curly cursive at that.

I stared in wonder at the fancy writing, wondering why and how the fuck he was writing in that style. It was like a Disney prince or something. "I should ask Fe-." "Don't worry about him, I saw him order." Cup cut in and I blinked. "Oh alright, that will be all." I said to the spunky and polite parrot. "Thank you for ordering sir, your order will be here shortly." He said happily and took the order away. "And don't forget that is to-go." I told him and he nodded, giving the order to the kitchen staff in the back. Cup went to sit at a free table and I followed, as if I was being forced to. But to be honest, I just didn't want to sit alone. I sat across from the fashionable cup and stared at the table. "Well hi Bends, how are you?" He asked for small talk. "Oh I'm fine." I said and again thought about his writing style. "Hey Cup, where did you learn to write so fancy? Did ya get raised rich or something?" I joked and he snickered. "And what if i was hm~? I'm condescending, blonde, a stuck-up bitch, I'm the very definition of rich. And yes, for your information, I'm rich by family heritage. My adopted dad is loaded." He said with that wide smirk of his.

">:V Oh hell no Cup, you could've been paying for shit the whole time!!!" I yelled angrily and he laughed, setting down a bright purple credit card. "You can buy five things with this, go crazy." He told me like it was nothing. I slowly and cautiously slid it towards me as if I was about to get jumped and put it in my bag. "For real?" I asked and he shrugged. "You think I give a shit-?" He said with an amused smile and I stared at my bag. "Nope-." I said in response, rather truthfully. "Just don't do anything dumb and small alright, it's like the genie's wishes." He advised me and I nodded quickly. "I won't, I won't." I reassured him and smiled gratefully.