Chapter 4, Gentle Please

Yes I'm straying from the original a lot, i have better/different ideas than before and I wish to improve. Also yes 'that title sounds dirty!'. I know-.

Bendy's Perspective

I stared at the card, wondering what I could or would possibly buy with the magic object. My mind was racing with silly, unrealistic ideas that I would never even try to get, mostly because they were useless objects. A car, a jacket, a toy, a car jack, a bird, a saxophone, everything in the world. All the while, I hadn't noticed the grinning, amused cup watching me with that smirk. Once I did, I huffed and looked away. "What's your catch, ya piss bowl?" I asked rather annoyed at his expression. It made me aggravated that he always looked at me like that. Like he was visibly teasing me and laughing at me. "Nothing dude, I'm just happy that you're happy." He said in a cheery tone. I was still questioning his suspiciousness and rolled my eyes. "If you say so, ya pot head." I said with creative insults. He laughed and snorted at the insult, now making me realize the other version of pot head. "OH SHUT UP-!" I yelled, making him laugh more. He slapped the table with tightly shut eyes, having the time of his life. I glared at him with passionate anger, but there was no calming him down. After a few minutes he settled, gasping for air and snorting still. "It wasn't even that funny..." i mumbled to myself. The blonde, very self-centered cup looked over me with his new sporadic breathing and smiled. A genuine smile. It was warm and inviting, as if he was giving me a spiritual hug.

While I was lost in his inviting smile, he gently reached over and rubbed my hand. I jumped, immediately caught off guard. I quickly regained my composure and returned the smile, though it felt strange. Was he actually trying to be nice? Is he.. my friend? It seems like it, but... it's just weird. Unusual, like if santa was a girl. Just not what I'm used to? I tried to act normal, because I did enjoy his smile. I was uneasy about his hand on mine for sure though, even with his gloves on. I didn't know he was going to ever warm up to me like this, so all of it is so confusing to me. I shouldn't trust it. But... at the same time... he's rubbing my hand! My purring immediately betrayed my concern, and all of me relaxed. I do like the attention more than anything. "Here are your orders good sirs, I hope you enjoy your food. Feel free to tell me or anyone else if you need anything!" The cheerful axolotl said with a chipper tone, setting the neatly decorated bags on the table. I was about to give him money when Cuphead slapped down a crimson red credit card with pretty coloring. "I'll start paying for things now." He said, referring to when I complained earlier. I stared with surprise and appreciation. "Aww.. Thank you Cup, you've been surprisingly pleasant today." I said, actually enjoying his attitude today. He stayed silent as the axolotl took the card to pay for the meals, and I lifted a brow. "Cups?" I asked, concerned at his behavior.

He stared at the food with dull eyes. I gently rubbed his strangely frozen hand, making him retract more to his seat uncomfortably. We both waited in uncomfortable silence as the card was returned to its owner, and he put it away. Felix came over and helped me to carry the bags while Cup followed with now obvious signs of depression of some sort. "Is he alright?" Felix whispered, the same worry in him as me. "I think he didn't take his meds today or something.. Mugs told me he does have something he needs meds for." I replied quietly, Felix nodding in understanding. As we arrived at the hotel, Cup buried himself in a bed and practically buried himself so nobody would look at him. Mugman got up for Cups while Boris got up for the food, and I rationed out the different meals while eying Mugs and Cup. The sad, lonely aura emanating from under the sheets made my heart ache.

What's wrong with him?