Chapter 5, Is It Wrong?

Mugman's Perspective

I gently rubbed the back of my hiding older brother, already knowing he hadn't taken his pills. "Cuppy.. It's okay... You can come out..." I whispered while listening to him cry quietly. "Cuphead..." I whimpered, and took out his pill bottle from my bag. If I let him keep it, he'd chuck it off a cliff or something. I coaxed him out from under the sheets and smiled softly. "Are you alright Cup?" I asked and he looked away with distressed eyes. "Do you want your m-." "NO." He said quickly and I sighed. "You're supposed to big bro, why can't you just take them?" I asked, rather tired of him fighting it every time. "They make me feel weird and I don't want them." He said stubbornly and crossed his arms. "Cupheaaad- it can't be that bad compared to what happens when you don't have them-." I said, which was very true. He was miserable without them, and yet he tortured himself like this. "No way." He said and pouted. Bendy curiously came over with a breakfast sandwich in hand and munched on it. "Whatcha got that makes it hard Cups?" He asked casually and sat next to him.

Cup stared blankly at him and sighed. "It's nothing." He muttered and I turned my attention to Bendy. "He's bipolar and he's supposed to have medication to help him out-." I explained, making Cuphead glare daggers at me. "Hm.. Well.. If he doesn't want his medicine, I don't see why he needs it. I'm sure he's fine without 'em." He said and Cup smiled a little. I sighed and put the bottle away. "Fine- for now-." I said, defeated. I got up and went to snuggle with Boris, happily hugging his arm. Boris borked happily and nuzzled my cheek. I giggled and smiled, immediately feeling better. "You're so silly Boris." I said and his tail wagged happily as he ate bacon. "I like it when you say stuff like that." He admitted because it was obvious already. I kissed his cheek and he turned bright red, freezing up and squeaking. "Oh- are you alright Boris-?" I asked and shyly looked away. "I-I just didn't expect it!" He said, covering his face. "I can n-not do that again if you want.." I offered and he peeked at me. "N-No, I liked it. I've just never gotten a kiss like that before.." He whispered and I blushed. "Oh..." I said quietly and Boris gently nuzzled me. I smiled and ate with him on our shared bed.

Cuphead's Perspective

I looked at the small demon laying next to me, eating. He had spared me from those stupid pills. But.. Why? He looked at me with his brilliantly shining eyes and smiled, knowing he had made me comfortable. I smiled back and leaned my head back on the soft mattress. I relaxed and stared at the plain white ceiling, examining all the strange faults in the pain. I got interrupted (more like saved) by Bendy holding up a muffin to my face. "Eat." He said rather forcibly, practically shoving the bready sweet treat down my throat. I ate it as commanded and watched the demon once again. He looked back at me and stared, making a strange moment between us. Staring into each other's skeptical and questioning eyes, waiting for the other to look away. I watched as one of his hands slowly approached me and rested on my cheek. I closed my eyes slowly and relaxed, liking his touch. It was as if all the other noises muted, the feeling was that calming. "I get that sometimes you gotta not have your pills, Cup." He told me and I nodded slowly, gently pressing his hand down on my cheek.