Masking lies for others- Chapter 10

Tommy knew his brother was actively avoiding him, and this made him desperate to get his forgiveness, doing small things that were barely recognizable by anyone other then Technoblade himself.

Tommy tried things like helping out with his potato farm, polishing his practice swords, he even once tried making him an all potato meal. Needless to say that day Tommy was on the receiving end of a lot glares, coming from both Phil and Technoblade.

In all fairness, Tommy wasn't aware of how to cook a potato. So he did was he thought was reasonable, and set the potato on fire to see if it would cook. If you asked Tommy he would tell you the potato was definitely cooked, maybe a little on the burnt side. Who were chefs to say his cooking was inedible?

...chefs...

Regardless of said failed attempt, even if Tommy didn't recognize it as such, Tommy strode forward on to 'new plans' [read: destruction].

-----------------------------

Techno wasn't clueless, he knew Tommy was doing small things to apologise.

He saw his potato farm striving and somehow growing better than before, he blamed it on the rain despite seeing his younger brother standing behind a pillar trying to see his reaction. He saw the golden nuggets left on his bed, his younger brother walking slower near his door trying to see what he'd do. He noticed how clean his practice swords were, and he didn't point out the blindingly obvious signs that Tommy was following him around.

Yet for whatever reason, Techno realized, apologies didn't seem as heartfelt when you had to save said person trying to apologise, from a large fire they started.

So Techno was not only angry at the child, but now, also worried for him. He saw his younger brother, half in tears, calling out to them in the kitchen, holding what seemed to be a completely burnt potato... that was still on fire.

Techno, then realized, Tommy had no self preservation skills, and so he did what any reasonably responsible older sibling would do, panic.

Techno, despite panicking, instantly ran into action, mainly due to chat's persistence, saving Tommy from the flames and making him drop the potato. Techno was extremely fire resistant due to his piglin traits, but he never expected to use them to save his younger brother from what was a essentially, a hot potato.

Despite this incident, the gifts and little details continued. In the corner of his vision, he saw just how bright his brothers eyes were with hope when he came across one of little gifts, and the little dim in them when Techno would do the bare minimum to acknowledge said gifts.

Techno was upset at him, he wouldn't have been caught if Tommy had just stayed home, but like always, Tommy involved himself in something that was quite simply none of his business, he could only hope Tommy didn't tattle tail of the fight, Techno knew that if Phil found out he would worry too much and try and throw prince privileges in others faces in an attempt to protect him, not to mention he'd be looked down on in the fights.

Now Technoblade wasn't particularly concerned with his public image, but all he wanted was a fair fight, and he knew that if others knew he was the prince, they'd take it easy on him.

And so the ignoring of Tommy continued, although, Techno was the slightest bit concerned when Tommy didn't do anything one day, he chalked it up to the kid giving up and continued with his day, not noticing the complete lack of presence of a annoying, stubborn, strawberry blonde haired boy. And quite frankly no else did either.