New fazes- Chapter 16

Eret and Niki had started to regret ignoring their youngest sibling just for his instincts. Surely the youngest had just forgotten to tell them, as Ranboo tends to do.

With both siblings being incredibly guilty they decided to give the younger his communicator back, and before either of them could apologize the enderman hybrid quickly scrolled through his comm, his face changing from a relaxed relief to realization and panic.

Ranboo ran away to his bedroom and shut the door behind him, creating a loud bang behind him. The older siblings looked at the door in grief, just how had they gotten so distant?

There was a time were Ranboo would go to them for anything he was worried about, nightmares, his memory, school work, anything at all. And now the youngest had locked himself in his room.

Niki had especially missed her younger brother, but all the lessons and meetings she had to attend alongside Eret were ridiculous, she wasn't even the queen of pride kingdom, and yet she felt like she was.

Eret took pity on her a lot, and not long ago, he took most of the workload seeing as they were the oldest and the actual king, Eret had argued. Niki had taken the offer and really appreciated it.

That week she went to go hangout with the twins of Sleepy Kingdom, not to mention that she finally had enough time to do one of her life long dreams, set up a playdate for Ranboo. Sure it was odd, but seeing the enderman hybrid jump at the chance of spending time not only with Tommy, but also Niki, sealed the deal of that being one of the nicest moments in her life.

That week she got to know her youngest brother way better than she ever had before.

She guiltily remembers seeing Ranboo so excited when she told him the good news, as well as overhearing him happily talk to the youngest prince of Sleepy Kingdom about her. At the time her heart had melted at the gesture, but soon her heart would break once more from the crestfallen look Ranboo had given her when she had explained she just couldn't leave Eret with all the work.

Niki felt horrible after seeing just how overworked her oldest brother had become, Eret shouldn't have been king.

Niki always meant that in the nicest way possible, some days she would fantasize of a warm local bakery that she and the whole family would run, with a lack of stress except for the stress of getting orders or pastries done on time. She distantly wondered if she could have had that, but she was brought back to reality when she saw Eret stumble about the hallways.

Niki had found them close to sleeping on top of a enormous pile of documents. She had helped them get to their room and tucked them into bed, Eret had only smiled sheepishly at her, and Niki had jokingly glared at him in return.

Eret had to sit through a long lecture on taking care of themselves, but before they could fall asleep they heard Niki declare that she would continue helping with kingship regardless of his opinion, Eret would have complained had he not been so tired, instead he hummed in compliance.

And sure they could have gotten Ranboo to help as well, but both Eret and Niki had agreed to let him live his childhood before he was ever included in anything of the sort, and that was if Ranboo even wanted to be included.

Eret had suggested they wait until Ranboo had calmed down completely, mistaking Ranboo's panic with anger, and while Niki was still worried she ultimately agreed.

They were not expecting to get the silent treatment, so with a promise of candy in return for his door to be unlocked they waited, and waited, and waited until they had enough.

Ranboo never, ever, refused candy, sure it was a bit childish, a promise only kids would take, but Ranboo really liked the small chocolate balls in different colors. He would never not take the deal.