Waiting for that day- Chapter 12

Tommy's birthday was and always has been his favorite day of the year.

His birthdays were never too big, they still weren't, not like the twins at least. Tommy thinks at this point it should just be considered Wilbur's party, because Techno just complies to whatever Wilbur wants to do for their shared birthday. It just so happens that Wilbur always makes biggest parties on their birthday, sometimes even celebrating with the whole kingdom. And Phil let him, the citizens were happy to celebrate with the princes and they enjoyed the festivities they planned for the special day, therefore Phil thought it was fine.

Tommy's family had always celebrated his estimated birthday with a small dinner and presents from all of them, Tommy never really minded the small party, he didn't find the joy of celebrating with strangers unlike Wilbur.

When Tommy means estimated, he means that all of their birthdays have been established by the day they were found, in Wilbur's and Techno's case they didn't even know of birthdays until Phil showed up, and Tommy, well Tommy's always had a birthday, but he never really questioned who was his mother, which in retrospect, might've helped speed up the process of finding out he's adopted.

Tommy only ever really enjoyed the presents and the feeling of being older, but that changed a lot over time, if you asked his family what Tommy enjoyed the most during his birthday, their answers would vary between, 'He likes getting presents!', 'He enjoys being the center of attention.', 'He likes getting older.', and 'He enjoys having the special dinner.', which are all ultimately wrong, but the last one was the closest.

In fact, the last answer was Technoblade's, and he was the closest. He saw the pure joy in Tommy's eyes while eating dinner with them and assumed that's why he really enjoyed his birthdays, and while he wasn't entirely wrong he wasn't all that accurate either.

Tommy enjoys his celebrating his birthday because, regardless of what he says, he really enjoys his families company. As the royal family, they don't get much time together and that results in them not interacting with one another as often as Tommy would like. The only times he can get some decent quality time with his family are on his birthdays, specifically because they don't really spend much time together on Philza's and the twins birthdays. In consequence Tommy can't help but absorb as much of their time as posible on his birthday, something that was occuring that very day...

-----------------------------

Tommy was ecstatic, it was his birthday, the day where he felt the most happy. He didn't even feel the need to put up a mask, lately his emotions were all over the place, but he was certain his birthday would be different, especially this year. This year Tommy actually had someone else he could invite, Ranboo, and his family of course.

Tommy had it all planned out, he rushed into Philza's office days before in an attempt to get him to ask the royals from Pride kingdom to attend his birthday party through the communicator, which as of that day, only both of their kingdoms had.

Phil was surprised that Tommy had even suggested inviting anyone, he'd never done it before, but ultimately complied due to a few reasons. One, Tommy was actively holding him against his will with the most powerful weapon known to men, puppy eyes. Who was Phil to say no? Two, Tommy had been through a lot the past months, it seemed like a good way to get things back to normal, or as normal as their lives could be. And three, Tommy never invited anyone to his birthday, always saying something about 'Not being as weird as them for inviting a whole kingdom of strangers to their parties', Phil had argued against that argument at the time, but he could see why Tommy would be more comfortable with the Royal family from the neighboring kingdom.