ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟛𝟘, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟠☀︎︎

My eyes popped open and I had a weird feeling in my gut, like, something was wrong. Luis was still sleeping peacefully beside me and my mom instincts kicked in. Something's wrong with the kids.

I immediately jumped up from my bed and ran into the kid's room, but they were gone. I searched everywhere, but I couldn't find them.

"Jayden! Alison!" I shouted as I ran downstairs.

The front door was wide open and I immediately ran outside while looking around frantically.

"Jayden!" I shouted. "Alison!"

My heart raced as I bolted back upstairs. I aggressively shook Luis and he gasped himself awake.

"Honey, what's wrong?" He asked panicked while grabbing my hands.

"T-The kids are gone!" I panted.

His eyes widened. "What do you mean they're gone?"

"They're gone! They aren't here!"

His head shook. "Amelia, this isn't funny."

"I'm not joking!" I felt tears burning my eyes. "I can't find them anywhere a-and the front door was wide open!"

He quickly slipped on his shirt and we both ran downstairs. We ran outside and started shouting their names.

"Jayden! Alison!" Luis shouted.

I couldn't even get any words out, I was so nervous. Suddenly, little footsteps came running up behind us.

"Daddy!" Alison's panicked voice cried out.

We both spun around and I felt a bit more relieved seeing her, but Jayden was nowhere to be seen.

"Ali!" Luis sighed in relief as he scooped her off of the ground.

She sobbed into his neck and held him tightly.

"Shhhh, it's okay." He reassured.

"Honey, where's Jayden?" I asked while lightly stroking her hair.

She started sobbing harder. "I don't know!"

"Alison, where did you and your brother go?" Luis's voice was stern.

She gasped for air. "I-In the woods..."

"Do you know what happened to him?" I asked.

Her head shook. "No...I turned around for one second and when I turned back around, he was gone."

I felt my heart drop.

"I'm gonna go look for him," I said as I started walking away quickly.

"No, Mommy!" Alison sobbed. "You're gonna get hurt!"

I ignored her and practically bolted into the woods, Alison still screaming at me to stop.

"Jayden!" I yelled loudly as I ran deeper into the woods.

As I kept running, I could've sworn I heard Jayden's voice. I quickly stopped and listened closely.

"Mommy!" His scared voice called out.

"Jayden?!" I shouted.

"Mommy!" He cried.

"Jayden, follow the sound of my voice, okay?" I yelled loudly.

"I'm scared!"

"I know, buddy, but just follow my voice and I promise I'll save you!" I reassured.

He agreed and I kept yelling as I walked deeper and deeper into the thick bushes and trees. It sounded like he was getting farther away from me.

"Jayden, stop moving, bud! Stay where you are!" I demanded.

He didn't answer.

"Jayden?"

Again, no answer.

"Jayden, buddy, come on!" I panicked.

Still nothing. I panted heavily as I tried to follow the path where he could've gone.

"Jayden!" My voice was starting to crack.

"Mommy!" He sobbed.

"Buddy, stay where you are!" I ordered once again. "Don't move!"

"Mom-" His voice was quickly muffled by something.

His quiet screams bounced off the trees, making my heart beat even faster.

"Jayden!" I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. "Please stop moving!"

Leafs crunched close by me and I prayed that I was close to him. I then saw his light brown hair poking out from behind a bush.

"Jayden!" I cried.

I cracked open the bush and saw this older man holding him back. Jayden's eyes were pinched shut in pain as he wiggled around.

"Let him go!" I grunted as I kicked the man's face.

He groaned angrily as his arms flew off of Jayden. I quickly picked him up and bolted out of there. He clung to my neck tightly as I heard the man's footsteps pounding behind me.

I eventually made it out of the woods and didn't see the man following me anymore. I then looked back at Jayden, whose face was dirty, bloody, and beat up.

"Buddy, what happened?" I whimpered as I rubbed his cheek lightly.

He cried softly. "I was just trying to save Alison..."

I blinked my tears away and kept a tight hug on him as we approached our house again. We entered and saw Luis and Alison sitting on the couch.

"Jay!" She sighed with relief.

"Geez!" Luis gasped as he ran over to us. "What happened, bud?"

A small whimper left his mouth. "I-I was trying to help Alison get away from that man, b-but he took me instead..."

Luis looked at me in confusion. "What man?"

"I-I don't know..." I lied so he wouldn't be more worried.

"He said he had a castle in the woods and if we wanted to see it, we had to follow him," Alison explained.

"I'm sorry!" Jayden sobbed. "I just didn't want Alison getting hurt!"

"No, no, no, buddy, it's okay." I reassured. "I'm so glad you helped her, but you never go with strangers, okay?"

"And you aren't allowed to leave the house without Mommy or Daddy, alright?" Luis added.

They both nodded slowly. "Okay..."

"Let's go get you cleaned up." I rubbed Jayden's back.

"Mhm..." He hummed quietly.

I kissed his cheek lightly and he clung to me tighter. That could've been so bad.

❤︎

author:
why is this chapter so random? I don't know. I'm just sorta making random chapters because I'm running out of ideas lol so if you have any ideas please leave a comment! thank you! stay gold, blockheads💙
~Olivia🤍

{3/29/21}