ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𝕁𝕦𝕝𝕪 𝟙𝟚, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟠☁︎︎

A loud smack echoed behind me as I jumped in fear. Jayden's giggle bubbled through the air as I turned around to face him. He was laying on the floor with Luis's old jersey on.

"Hi, Mommy!" He smiled.

I laughed lightly. "What are you doing?"

He grunted as he tried to stand up. "I was trying to tell you something, but this is kinda big for me."

The arm sleeves flopped around as he kept trying to get himself up.

"Just a bit." I laughed again while picking him up. "What did you wanna tell me?"

"Oh," He mumbled. "Why is dad gone again?"

My eyebrow raised in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He pointed towards the front door. "I saw him leaving in a big rush earlier. Does he have work?"

I shook my head slowly. "No...let me call him."

"Okay!" He chirped.

I set him down and watched him stumble away. I pulled out my phone and dialed Luis's number. It rang more than usual, but he finally picked up.

"Hello?" He sounded like he was out of breath.

"Hey, um, where are you?" I asked.

It took him a second to answer me. "Um, I just had to pick something up from the office..."

"Oh, o-okay..." I was super suspicious. What is he hiding now?

"Yup." He sighed. "Okay, bye."

"Wait-" I tried to say, but he hung up before I could.

I sighed harshly and smacked my phone back down on the counter. Ugh, not again.

L U I S
point of view.

I sighed with relief and stuffed my phone back in my pocket. That was close. I ran inside my office and started rummaging through my drawers.

"What are you doing?" Miranda's voice piped up in my doorway suddenly.

"Geez..." I gasped. "I-I'm trying to look for something."

She smirked. "What's the rush?"

"Listen, I really can't talk right now." I panted. "I'm sorry."

She strutted over to me. "But why?"

"Because..." I sighed softly. "I'm trying to do something."

Her fingers walked up my back. "Well, can't you take a break and talk to me?"

I groaned lightly while waving her hand away. "No, I really can't. I'm not interested in you."

She gasped lightly. "What?"

"You heard me." I scoffed. "See you later."

I tried to walk away, but she pulled me back. My eyes rolled slightly as I tried to shove her away.

"Luissss." She whined.

"Please just leave me alone," I begged.

She huffed. "Pleaseeee."

She hugged me close to her while she purposely put her face inches away from mine.

"Get off!" I shouted as I shoved her back harshly.

She groaned softly and glared at me. I ran away from her as I gripped my chest with my hand. I desperately hopped in my car as my vision started to get blurry. Gosh, this burns.

"Please not now..." I begged under my breath.

I started speeding home, my heart starting to burn even more than ever.

"No!" I groaned as I smacked my hand on the steering wheel. "No, no, no, please!"

I coughed for air while shaking my head.

"Gosh, pull through, Luis!" I begged at myself.

I gripped onto the steering wheel harder and sighed of relief when I pulled into my driveway. I bolted inside on my shaky legs and saw Amelia's startled head face me.

"Honey, are you okay?" She asked.

I swallowed nervously while gasping for air. "Um, y-yeah..."

Her eyebrow raised in confusion. "Okay, well, you look sick or something. What's wrong and where the hell were you?"

"I told you, I was at the office." I sighed trying to keep myself awake.

Her face turned into anger. "Were you cheating on me with that Miranda girl?"

"No..." I shook my head while rubbing my chest. "I-I have to go lie down-"

"No!" She shouted. "Tell me what you were doing!"

I winced in pain. "Amelia, please-"

"Tell me what you were doing!" She smacked my chest. "You're gonna throw away your life for someone else?!"

My eyes squeezed shut in pain as I choked up my words. "I wasn't doing anything bad, I promise."

Her foot stomped on the ground. "You're such a liar!"

"Listen, I need to go lie down-"

She smacked my chest again, making me groan in pain. I fell to my knees and felt like my chest was on fire.

"Oh, Luis, get up!" She groaned. "I didn't even do anything!"

"I-I can't-" I couldn't spit out my words.

She continued shouting at me, but her voice was muffled by the loud ringing in my ears. My vision got blurry as I felt her shaking me aggressively.

"Get up!" She demanded.

I whimpered quietly before I blacked out.

❤︎

author's note:
this chapter was so random ugh. I had no other ideas lol. also please don't ghost-read my entire story just to give me hate. if you don't like my stories, please don't read them. stay gold, blockheads💙
~Olivia🤍

{4/9/21}