Recovery

The door slowly opens and I see Kells walk in. I was about to speak when I saw a little bundle in his arms.

"Hey baby, wanna meet one of your babies?" He asks with a huge smile on his face.

He walks over and hands the bundle to me. I look down to see my precious baby boy.

"Hi Liam" I say with tears in my eyes.

Kells sits next to me as I feed Liam.

"Lexi is going to be alright. The doctors think she'll need one more week in the NICU and hopefully in 2 days they will let me bring her in here." He says with a smile.

I look at Kells, I can tell he is exhausted.

"You need to sleep Kells, why do you look so exhausted?" I say concerned.

"Well I've been back and forth between the hospital and the house. Most of the days I spend in the NICU with Lexi. I never want her to feel alone, so I stay next to her. When I can't be in there, I just stand at the window, I feel like she knows I'm there." He says with a smile.

"What about your girlfriend?" I say coldly.

"Kenna I know what it looked like, but she sat on me as soon as you walked in.  I didn't let her get any further. You're my wife, and that's what's important."Kells says.

His phones rings, the screen reads 'Daisy (Baby)'.

"Hold on babe I need to get this." Kells walks out.

"Who the hell was that. Who is his other baby?" I mumble to myself and Liam falls asleep in my arms.

I hear the door open.

"Who the hell was that?" I say as I look up.

"Umm" Rook says as he walks in.

"Oh sorry I thought you were Kells."

"Nope just a proud uncle." Rook says as he comes over and grabs Liam from me. "By the way, who made you mad?"

"Kells phone rang and it said Daisy (baby) he left quickly to answer it. Is it another girl to cheat on me with?" I say quietly.

"Trust me that girl in the bus came onto him.  He told her multiple times to stop.  He loves you. " Rook says honestly. "Plus Daisy is..." Rook gets cut off by the door opening.

"Sorry baby.  That was the interior designer, she just finished up the nursery. It'll now be ready when we go home." Kells says with a smile.

I let out a sigh of relief, I need to trust Kells. He is my husband and he will be the best father. I wave him over to me. Kells walks over and I pull him down and kiss him.