⎈ Cԋαρƚҽɾ 八 ⎈

꧁ "D̶o̶n̶'t̶ g̶o̶ o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶" ꧂
_____________________________

⎈ Please don't forget to vote if you like my story! ⎈_____________________________

Please don't forget to vote if you like my story!
_____________________________

Inigo's POV

The cold breeze just passed by the window as I stared at the yard outside. I've been here for around a week now and I haven't gotten outside. Not even once.
Every time I asked Hotaru if I could go outside, he'd simply start telling me all about his crazy stories of how demons always came around and how terrifying they looked. It sure did scare me but I was not even allowed to go outside in daylight.

" Don't go outside " He always said that to me. Why not though? Why not even throughout the day? Didn't he mention demons burn in sunlight?

. . .

Because of the lack of communication with other different people, my personality began to change. I spoke less and would sometimes just stare out onto nothing. Yes, I had Hotaru to keep me company and he seemed very happy and all, which I understood since he had been so lonely out here the past years. But still, he was the only one I could talk to and literally no one else.

He sure was a nice man, but he was also incredibly hyped and extremely positive about most stuff. He'd come to check on me every tenth minute to make sure I was alright for some reason.

I sighed in boredom. Staying inside for so long made me sick to the stomach.

I stood up and walked down the halls, approaching the door that lead outside the yard with the fruits. Opening the door and starring at the half rotten apple tree a bit far away, I realized that Autumn was almost here which also meant my birthday was approaching. I would turn 15 years, I think. I barely remember how my 14 year old birthday went at that time.

Without hesitation, I stepped outside and took a deep breath. The smell of nature filled my mind and senses, which was extremely refreshing. I stretched my arms and legs and continued to walk a little further into the yard, feeling the fresh breeze embrace my body completely.

" Inigo, what are you doing out there? "

My heart skipped a beat as I turned around, only to face Hotaru who was starring at me with a horrified look on his face.

" H-Hotaru-san.. " I stuttered, not knowing how to explain my actions. However, I took a deep breath anyway and spoke loud and clearly.

" I'm tired of being inside. It makes me sick, mentally, and it's not good for my health. As much as I appreciate your kindness and worry towards me, I just want to experience a little bit of nature and fresh air to clear my mind. I'm sorry to shock you this way and I hope you understand and can forgive me.. "