⎈ Cԋαρƚҽɾ 九 ⎈

꧁ H̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ B̶i̶r̶t̶h̶d̶a̶y̶! ꧂
_____________________________

⎈ Please don't forget to vote if you like my story! ⎈_____________________________

Please don't forget to vote if you like my story!
_____________________________

Inigo's POV

Today was the day. My fifteenth birthday.
I somehow felt a little exited, but then again, remembered I didn't live in my own village anymore.
I lived alone with a man who grieved over his dead daughter— who he was now trying to replace with me, a girl who ran away from her home after getting thrown out by her adoptive sister.

Not only that, my health got worse as the days passed by. My body felt numb, my eyes would close every tenth minute and all my energy was gone.
I didn't even bother to try and go outside either. I just stayed inside, starring onto nothing and drawing with half lidded eyes till I fainted.

However, today I didn't want to let the boredom stop me. I wanted to cheer up and move on, since today was a special day for me.
Just as I got up, the door to my room opened and Hotaru was behind it.

" Happy birthday, Ir-..Inigooooo! "
He cheered as he bought in a small mango cake. My eyes lit up immediately and my chin dropped.

MANGO? OH GOD YES

" You mentioned that you liked mangoes, so I thought maybe a mango cake would be exiting! "

" Thank you so much!! " I thanked and smiled as I couldn't take my eyes off the small cake. Hotaru laughed and pat my head.

" Come on! I prepared breakfast for you in the kitchen! " He then said, giving a little nod as signal to come with him. I immediately got up and followed him, feeling the excitement build up in me.

" Close your eyes! It's a surprise! "

I followed his orders and used my hands to feel my way to the kitchen.

" Alright, open them! "

I opened my eyes and to my surprise, the kitchen was decorated with paper figures cut out like butterflies, birds and other kinds of small animals. In fact, it was almost like my thirteenth birthday.
On the table there were a few more mango cakes, matcha and udon. I held my hand in front of my mouth.

" Its just like when I was thirteen.. this is.. amazing! I love it! Thank you! " I thanked and hugged Hotaru tightly as I felt the tears trail down my cheeks.
I never thought my fifteen birthday would turn out this great, especially after getting thrown out by Sayaka and losing every trust Akari had in me.

I honestly missed them. I missed them a lot.

" Thank you so much.. "

He pat my head again and smiled.
" Happy birthday and congrats with the fifteen years! " He said and beamed with excitement.
I smiled back and sat down by the table, looking at all the goodies.