Chapter 1

𝗢𝗡𝗘

- 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝕱𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖙 -

"𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒈𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒏."

  Flakes of snow accompanies the cruel whispers of this hellish blizzard. A land with no fertile soil for plants to grow, rivers and lakes for humans to fish for food, fresh rays of sunlight for all living things to taste, cloudless skies for birds to glide--none in fact, are going to relish themselves in this all but an unending season of winter.

  This land that I have given you clues, is no other than the country of Mondstadt. Two waring rulers, Lord Andrius and Lord Decarabian, currently dominates the land with ice and wind, and humanity struggles to survive because of it.

  Yet far into the deep and dense corners of this land that they rule, is a precious creature born from the power of frost and wind. Or rather, it is the divine doing of Celestia itself. A mysterious phenomenon only the Heavens and the Gods themselves can explain, said the howling winds that describe the child.

  The cruelty of the gales' whispers and the remnants of the winter's wrath brings forth a young maiden with beauty looming her presence. She stood bare feet above the blankets of snow, a glow of baby blue embracing her curves of a naked young maiden. Despite the anguishing cold, the mortals chant hopes from afar, and she undoubtedly hears them. Her eyes flutter open, her consciousness introduces the scenery before her. She was mesmerised by the winds blowing from east to west, but it didn't last long.

  Before all of these was an image in her mind that she did not dare forget. An image, or rather, a scenery, where everything--the clouds, the pillars, bridges and stairways, the white scenery--was engulfed in black with only the stars and the moon piercing the dark. It was like a dream to her, and she knew, she wanted to see it.

  She maneuvered her feet forward. This time, her sense of touch is now lecturing her about the tickle of sensation she felt when the snow wrapped her feet. Curious about why she felt that way, she made another step. Though this time, to her surprise, she took notice of a single print of her foot. Her brows knitted upon the discovery, and took off as her feet trudge the thick snow below.

  When she was a bit ahead from the spot she stood earlier, she glanced at her back below. Intriguing, she thought out loud as she now understood what is happening. She kneels, tracing the outlines of her own footprint on the snow. A smile crept on her lips.

  She continued to walk, her feet aimlessly burying the trails of her presence behind her wake. The chilly winds flew her hair harshly as she struggles to walk any further. She dropped onto her knees, her breaths echoing the pleads of rest.

  She felt numb all over, her body trembling in cold. Nonetheless, she can still bear it. Although she may be a nymph of this windy tundra, she is still a living creature, having a beating heart that needed warmth. Well, she's born with no piece of garment to cover her body and she's out in the cold walking aimlessly through this dangerous winter.

  Every shaky exhales accompanies hot air that escapes from her lips, the winds bringing them along with just a blow of winter. She held her hands close to her chest, and a feeling of something cold and hard brushed her fingertips.