Chapter 23

THIRTY THREE

- 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕺𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗 -

  The contract still resides. And by the name of the contract, the God of Contracts himself would never dare to break it. They are his very words, his passion and pride, his blood and flesh. And because of this dedication, he will fulfil it.

  The night is still so young, and the Seven Archons of the mortal realm had gathered for a feast in the usual place, Liyue. Around the rectangular stone table stands seven stone stools, each is where one archon is seated. Cheerful waves of laughter and chattering echo in a certain part in Jueyun Karst, under a largely blessed tree that shades the table with its dense leaves.

  The eternal full moon bear witness to this grand feast, a celebration for the protector of Liyue. The celebrated victory of the new adeptus was grand and enjoyable, the whole area reeked of wine and delicacies.

  And yet, the adeptus that they are meant to celebrate was not in this lively feast. She was somewhere, gazing at the night skies enshrouded with the lively stars and the solitary moon.

  She talks to an apparition of the wind, that certain feminine yet divine form of a god who wields the power of time. The cheerful threads of the winds danced around her, swaying her garments and the locks of her black-stained-white hair.

  She sits above the most towering stone pillar of all that stood in this part of the sea where a certain god close to her slumbers. This territory was now called the Guyun Stone Forest, an archipelago that contains the festering wrath of the Overlord of the Vortex, wholly devoured by grief and vengeance.

  The owner and his heart should and must be connected, yet somehow as the catalyst that contains his heart hovers before her, it radiated gentleness rather than hostility and aggressiveness. She had been staring at it blankly for some time now, all the while listening and responding to the God of Time's speaking apparition.

  "--and it was your name that he thought before his eyelids gave up on him. But now, I wonder... if both of you will have a chance to reunite."

  "Only fate can tell, Istaroth."

  And to that, Istaroth, the God of Time replies. "And you, of all, wield that power. Was there no prophecy written yet?"

  "My servant locked the gates to the Realm of Fate, I cannot enter... Not with this mortal body of mine." Servias shifted her gaze at Istaroth's apparition. "Yet, even so, the stars and the existing constellations will tell me of it."

  "That entity named Karma... It holds the keys to your realm?"

  To this, Servias nodded yes. "I entrusted the keys to Karma before I battled my current parents and kinsmen in that fleeting war back then."

  "I am still in utter disbelief." Istaroth hovered towards Servias, her wind-forged hands caressing her cheeks. "To think that I would be the first to witness you fall in love."

  Her lips curled a bitter smile. "I could not believe it either." Then, her free hand loosely clutched her chest "It is quite painful to be in these parts, I feel like I could hear his agony."

  "You are created as a god with the sentience of a human. Those fragile creatures too, feel the same way when faced with such anguish."

  Servias' gaze fell back to the hovering catalyst, basking herself in its warm glow. Her memories recall a promise swept by the turbulent tides, a promise spoken by the lips of a god dressed in his heart's affection for her... That very heart hovering before her.