Chapter 11

𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

- 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖙'𝖘 𝖂𝖍𝖎𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖗 -

"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆."

  Her geta slippers bury her trails on the blanket of snow beneath her. She walks around this little camp of the Gunnhildrs, serving herself brief sightseeing. The men are out in the night of cold winds, training themselves hard for the future rebellion, whilst the children build snowmen and play with snow. Even the women assisted themselves with the simplest form of the art of combat, seeking to lend help for the upcoming rebellion as well.

  Her heart flutters upon seeing the whole kinsmen cooperate in harmony. Yet despite the delightful feeling, she could not help but see an imaginary flaw, and she felt a pang of terror in her heart. It takes her back to that certain and ancient occurrence where,

  "...they had rebelled against me."

  Her eyes widened. "What?"

  She immediately halted, feeling a sharp jolt of pain in her head as she clutches it. "Huh? What on earth am I spouting?"

  She marches ahead, shaking her head to clear her blurring sight, It was not long until a thunderous roar from afar reached all of them. Everyone halted their work, exchanging glances as some tries to find where the noise came from. The children cease their playful laughs as they run towards their little home, whilst the adults have their looks of concern.

  Lady Gunnhildr emerges from the tent where they had a small discussion with the bard, the wisp, and the red-haired knight. A look of concern took form on her face as well, as her eyes landed on Servias, and the knight soon followed behind the clan leader.

  Every one of them is oblivious, but Servias is well-aware of its source.

  The Knight ran towards her, seemingly bearing the clue of that sound's whereabouts. "My lady," he calls.

  "I'll go. You stay here, dear Knight." Servias turns around, but she listens to the knight's retort.

  "Let me go with you, as well."

   She looks at him in the eye, "are you aware of the source?"

  "I've heard of it countless times. It is the King of the North Wind, there is no mistaking it."

  Servias' lips quirk a small smile. "I ask you to stay here with them. I'll be heading off somewhere after I clear away the matters, anyway."

  The knight raises a brow, "'somewhere'? Where are you heading, if I may ask?"

  "To a friend of mine," she says, before disappearing with the winter gales.

  She travels through space and time, before arriving in the place where she sees Lord Andrius once again trying to break the storm walls that protect Lord Decarabian's city.

  His sharps claws are far too evident to be boasted. Yet despite his razor-sharp claws, it could not break down the hard walls, let alone leave a scratch. Servias knew what comes ahead after his futile attempts, frustration.