Chapter 18

𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

- 𝕬𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝕾𝖈𝖆𝖗 -

  In the midst of the moon sisters' chaotic quarrelling, their tears of sorrow brought forth living creatures. As those tiny droplets of emotions trickle down to the earth, the fox and the wolven race came into being. They breathe with life and their bodies glow in a pale light alike the glow of their mothers. And with each step forward, elegance follows their trail.

  But in this era of their mothers' destructive arguments, their birth was not given a chance to be celebrated. Their mothers crumpled into fragments of a thousand years' worth of memories. Their companionship was set to an inevitable parting by death. And they say that two of the sisters' corpses faded, leaving only the solitary moon that sheds its pale glow towards the illusionary world of Teyvat.

  But truly, their remains only rests in their realms, all preserved in stillness by eternity. But even with their life force faded, their power survives and still bestow blessings, like the Abyssal Moon and the Welkin Moon.

  Now comes the grief of the children of the moon sisters that wails the loss of their mothers. With each full moon would they howl towards the skies, lamenting what was lost that they were not able to feel, a motherly love. But still, they' had thank them for their parting gift, for they had received the blessings of their mothers.

  Yet despite the miraculous creation of life, even the Seelies paid it no heed. It is their extinction that is at stake. They were caught in the disaster, part of the blame is for having a Seelie fall in love with a human traveller. In that certain era, such love is forbidden.

  But bear in mind that love is not what the gods had forbidden, it is the responsibility of the Seelies that was left abandoned. They are tasked to be the guardian of humanity that would guide them to prosperity and teach them wisdom. But a certain Seelie chose love over her divine duty. And so, all the Seelies were dragged into their fall.

  A grand message was spoken by the envoys of the heavens,

"With your selflessness came forth a deserving punishment. Just a mere change of heart and it took away your sisters' mighty forms. With unwavering patience should you achieve peace. Now, it will be mankind's turn to guide you to your courts, and once home shall you attain your missing memory. Until then, you must wait for millennia for humanity to hold knowledge of your fall."

  They listened as their mighty humanoid forms were reduced to ghast-like appearances. Their powers faded and their memories were robbed away from them by the envoys of the gods. For unknown centuries shall they endure this loss until the day humans would to have the patience of following them to their courts in exchange for treasures.

•••

  After the fall of their mothers, the eldest of the fox and the wolven race took care of their group. Andrius rose to be the dominator of his pack, while the eldest vixen took care of hers. From place to place did they search for a home and a good spot to hunt, but in the north where ferocious blades of icicles swarm the land along with its howling winds, they struggled to survive and adapt.

  During these days, human lives were more than fragile, relying only in the warmth of the protection of the Heavenly Envoys who walk with benighted humans. These envoys are divine, the messengers of the celestial gods, and the keeper of promises worth a lifetime. The world is blanketed in unending ice, but civilizations are prosperous under the guidance of these envoys who blessed humanity with hundreds, thousands of years of bountiful living...