Chapter 9

𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

- 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖂𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓 -

"𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔."

The gentle breeze of the ancient Liyue draws past her image. The billowing grass rustles, accompanied by the pollen of some flowers swept by the winds that seemed to be too visible for her eyes to see.

Any of these, she does not appreciate, all because of a single reason.

The north is suffering.

Her leisure time points after very late noon, where the skies would dye itself blood red or bright orange. She would use that spare time to pick new flowers, as she would plant them in her sacred grounds in her shrine. She would also explore some nearby scenery that would suit her taste and her bard friend, should a day come where he grasped the chance of having to venture the outside world with ease.

It had been a very long time, and until now, she could not find that certain plant that greatly bewitched her extreme sense of smell. It was very pleasant, as it could set her mind at ease whenever the winds would blow the scent towards her from afar. No, it wasn't just a pleasant smell, it is very intoxicating to the point her saliva would gather in her mouth in an attempt to drool.

She is in no rush, as she has the time in the world. She shall spend her leisure upon finding that certain plant somewhere, wherever it is...

She chose to glide, not minding the mortals from this region to catch a glimpse of her figure. The night is nearing, anyway. Her eyes are set forward, letting her sense of smell lead her path.

Until she was greeted by the darkened skies.

The rain poured, no hassle for her, she's used to this. Her eyesight seems blinded for the entire time she glided, for she let her sense of smell overwhelm her entirety. But amidst the storm, her alertness is unparalleled.

A number of swirling vortex blocked her path beneath the dark, bloated clouds. Soon, a nine-headed hydra took form amongst rain and ocean, dancing with the fierce winds as it swayed firmly. Although towering, Servias could level the stare of each eye that gazed at her.

The thunder dared to roar, but did not announce the battle between the two deities.

Earlier while passing by, she had heard cries and gossips from the land below, about an ocean demon that dwelled within the ocean abyss, and the Prime of the Adepti who seeks to silence its terrorism to his lands.

She wishes not for a battle, but only a stem of a certain plant that lies behind the lone island she could see from behind the monstrous serpent. She is aware it lives there, and she is determined to pluck it, even if it means immobilising this ocean demon before her just so she could snatch a mere root.

Two of its head charged at her, whilst the rest gather enormous sphere from the power of Hydro. As the heads are nearing her, so does the sphere of raw Hydro bursting towards the sky to rain meteors of ocean waters down at her.

The gust of wind backed her up, so did the unbreakable frost as it aided her upon freezing the showers that would land in her direction. And soon, she unifies both wind and ice, demanding a gentle blow of blizzard, powerful enough to freeze the berserk hydra before her.