Chapter 6

𝗦𝗜𝗫

- 𝕽𝖊𝖒𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕷𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖈𝖞 -

"𝑨 𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏."

  Outside the walls, the nymph spends her time lurking this whole, snowy mountain. With a blazing lantern in hand, she trudged through the thick snow with good care. She searches for that barely audible prayer that she hears from this mountain, with a piece of blanket laying on her arm. Tonight should have been a very peaceful evening for the mortals tend to sleep until the earliest dawn or very late morning. Yet she wonders, why would there be someone who wanders this dangerous, snowy mountain at night where monsters surely lurk?

  Vindagnyr is the name of the mountain, and it contained both her home and this dead kingdom she sees today. The ruins that are displayed before her eyes left her bewildered. What had happened, thought her wondrous mind. But what she is searching for is not here, thus she strides off somewhere else. The question shall have to wait for as long as it takes.

  Her curious mind could only wonder as she walks further. But her ears could not ignore those faint whispers in the shadows, as they are a great resemblance to those troubled souls that could not rest. Surely, even the most inaudible murmurs cannot escape her heightened senses. She walks past those airy feelings of winter dust touching her skin, like the hands of the souls that have perished in this mountain, but she pays her respect and prayers as well. She thought she may have the heart of stone-cold, but she is not that cold as to mock their cries of longing.

  She passes through some stone tablets along the way, with its characters all too readable to her by just a quick glimpse. And by this third stone tablet she meets, she finds a mortal man covered in snow and dried blood.

  But there is a certain thing that intrigues her, for there is a certain creature she had longed to see in person. Just like how the ancient scrolls, books and legends lecture it, Seelies are ghost-like creatures that hover in mid-air. But it is saddening, for she had read about their past of how their mighty race have been annihilated just because of a single action such as love.

  The floating creature radiates warmth as she nears it, and certainly did it warm the dying man on the cold blanket of the snow.

  "I am grateful for keeping him warm, little Seelie." She reached her hand to hopefully caress the gliding ghast. To her surprise, the floating seelie gave her hand a touch of its little, fin-like hands that greatly made her beating heart flutter.

  ...attempted to heal the Ley Lines, but the tree had already withered. After burying the princess... Her hands did the process of warming the man, while her eyes are set on the stone tablet. Her brows furrowed, and her mind screams for more knowledge.

  What she had just read is a form of an unpleasant communication. The message is unfinished and as frustrating as it can be, she only breathed it out. Her sensitive ears could still hear the sound of this man's heart beating  alive, but it was slowing down.

  She knew what she had to do.

  Swiftly commanding the winds, threads of turquoise glow surround the mortal man with care, as they hovered him above the ground. Anemograna spawned from the said action, also aiding to preserve the warmth as they have joined the warmth of pyro with them from the blazing lantern on her hand. And with a short voyage through space and time, Servias greeted the familiar doors of her shelter with a glance.