13. Stupid Monsters! (Reyna's POV)

Aaandd, we just had to get attacked, just right about now. A volley of arrows shot through the air coming straight towards us.

'Down! Under the seat! Hurry!' I screamed, while I swiftly got up and started deflecting the arrows. Hazel too got up and Argus started driving faster. I managed to close some of the windows that were almost everything proof (except Greek fire, that is, that too only large amounts of it).

I covered Cora while she attempted to go under the seats... again. Must be irritating for the poor girl. I sighed, all while deflecting about 20 more arrows.

'Are you okay, Cora... and uh, Hazel?' I asked, loud enough for both of them to hear me properly.

'I'm fine, Reyna. But I'm not sure that I would be able to hold this any longer. I just twisted my ankle a bit and it sure is hurting a lot.' Hazel said, causing me to frown. She twisted her ankle! Oh Shit! She wouldn't be able to hold very long! Double shit, cause there are still a lot of arrows that are coming towards us...

'I'm good, but it's hurting my ribs.' Replied Cora. Ok. Now, I'm desperate. I have to take a risk, a big one at that. I deflected arrows with my sword with my right hand, and with the left one reached forward and reached the knob of the window to close it properly. But as soon as my hand touched the knob, an arrow shot through the now-halfway-open window and pierced my arm.

'Ahhh,' I screamed but continued to do both tasks. As soon as I closed the window, I fell to my knees and blacked out. But I could feel two presences near me, one of Hazel and one of Cora.

----------

'I hope... wakes... and... okay.' Which most probably was: I hope she wakes up and she is okay. I heard muffled words as I started opening my eyes a bit. I could see a blurred image of two figures sitting beside me. I blinked my eyes twice before I saw the scene in front of me. There Cora and Hazel, sitting beside me, talking to each other about something.

'Uh, hey guys...' I said awkwardly, as both their faces turned to me. At first, I saw shock, then relief. Cora smiled at me and took my hand in hers while Hazel beamed at me.

'It worked!' She exclaimed excitedly.

'Sure, it did! I knew it!' Hazel said next, which confused me.

'Ahem... Um, what worked?... Wait, the arrows! I blacked out! Where are they? What happened? Is everything fine? The monsters did you see them or track them-'

'Relax Reyna. Everything is now under control and yes everything is fine... Well, except your arm. It's partially healed, trust me, that wound was big! But, Cora here had some tricks of her own.' Stated Hazel. I looked at Cora, surprised to hear she somehow healed me.

I tried to move my injured arm but all that came out was a wince from my mouth. I guess it was a pretty deep bruise. Cora instantly spoke up.

'Don't move your arm right now. As Hazel said, it is still healing. It's not yet healed properly. The arrows were layered with poison. If it would've been a simple piercing, then a little ambrosia and nectar would've healed your arm... But, this poison, I knew about it. I have... I have seen it somewhere before. I don't know where exactly, but it felt like an instinct to cure someone's injuries...' Cora stopped a thoughtful look on her face. From the corner of my eye, I saw Hazel looking at Cora and listening to her intently. 'Anyway, that doesn't matter, you should rest that arm for a little bit. It may take about 2-3 days to heal properly.' She completed.

'Uh, Cora, how do you know about the poison and how to cure it?' I asked her.

'I... I don't know... I don't remember why or how. But, I'm pretty sure, I have healed it before or maybe I have just seen someone heal it. Ugh, Like I said-'