5. Another Hug(Reyna's POV)

I ran from there wiping the tears strolling down my cheeks furiously.
I opened the main door to my temporary bedroom at camp Half-Blood and locked it behind me. After some time I looked out of the window and saw Will and Nico kissing. That made me cry, even more, the lips that should have belonged to me were being touched much less kissed by someone else.

'Why? Why does this always have to happen to me?' I cried.

All of a sudden, I felt someone touch my head just like my mother did. Then I heard a voice from behind me, 'He's yours, but doesn't understand his feelings very well. Eventually, he will understand who he really has loved.'

I turned back and saw a beautifully dressed lady, 'Venus! What are you doing here?' You've messed with me again, shattered my heart for the 3rd time in a row or is it fourth? (A.N. you will understand why is it she thinks that it's the fourth time, after reading some more chapters. Then, it'll all make sense.) First Jason then Percy then Nic- She interrupted my train of thought.

'I have understood what you want to say, my dear. You have a true heart. You loved them enough to... let them go. But soon you will find that person. The person has always loved you like you have loved the person, Reyna.  You will eventually understand it all.'

'Don't. Lie. Venus. This is all such a mess. I don't understand why is it always me? Why?'
I cried, and I cried with so much pain that tears even welled up in Venus's eyes but she did a good job not letting them come out. She hugged me close. I was taken aback... I tried and resisted but eventually, I hugged her back and had a heart to heart with the roman goddess of love and beauty. I didn't know why I was telling the goddess about my sorrows who had bought them to me. Maybe it was just that I needed someone to pour my heart out or maybe she was just messing with my mind or feelings for that matter, again. But, I felt light after doing so. I still cried of all the mistakes I'd made, all the people I had loved, etc. I felt so many emotions in my life that it couldn't be described by my words but Venus being the goddess of Love and Beauty understood what I'd said and what I wanted to say. It was almost like I was talking to my sister, Hylla. She used to be the only one who used to... console me, much less talk to me. (A.N. Or was she the only one?)

After a long time, she said, 'My dear, Keep faith in love. You will find someone who will never break your trust and love you more than anything,' The goddess kissed my forehead and vanished into thin air. I slept there and had dreams about all the good times I'd spent with my loved ones, the hug that Two goddesses had given me, The hug I gave Nico, Jason, and Percy, Playing with my sister Hylla, the gift of Athena and many more.

When I woke up, it was around dinner time and I noticed that my eyes were still red and wet of crying. I went to the washroom, washed my face, made my hair, and put on a smirk that described Reyna Avila Ramirez Arellano.

I started towards the Cafeteria and sat down at the guest table trying to keep the focus on eating my meal and remembering what the love goddess had said- Keep faith in LOVE.

'What's wrong, Reyna? If you don't feel alright, you can talk to us, ' I saw three familiar faces- Annabeth, Hazel, and Piper.

'It's nothing.' I said calmly, putting on the straight face I usually held when I was not alone. They all looked at me funny and spoke in complete unison.

'There is something you are not telling us,'

'There is nothing to say,' I replied.

'Hey,... you can trust us. We swear it on the river Styx,' said Annabeth and I heard thunder boom in the distance.

'You won't break our friendship?' I asked. 'I can't lose any more friends...'

'No, we won't. That's what friends are for, they support you in your... rough times...'

'Meet me in my cabin then, I can't talk here. He's here...'

'Who's here?' Annabeth questioned.

'I'll tell you in the room at 11:00 p.m.'

'Boy, we are in huge trouble if anyone finds out about this since it'll be way past curfew.' Hazel stated, not really wanting to break the rules while making a face. I smirked and everyone giggled at her behavior.

After dinner, I went back to my room and noticed that I wasn't limping anymore. Maybe because of ambrosia and nectar. I heard a knock at the door.

'My friends have come.' I mumbled and opened the door. But instead of the three girls I'd invited, I saw...

'Hi, Reyna.' He stated with the stupidly cute grin I had fallen for. Although, I wasn't glad to see him at a time like this.

'Nico! What are you doing here?' I exclaimed, surprised that he would show up past curfew. He never did play by the rules, but he respected Chiron and normally followed only this rule, that is when he was at Camp.

'Um... I just came to thank you for your advice on Will. He actually loves me more than anyone else.' Hearing that I couldn't control the tear that trickled down my cheek. 'Hey, why are you crying?'

'I don't know what are you talking about. By the way, you are most welcome. Now, if y-you'll excuse me I have to go to bed. So, good night, death boy,' I quickly said wiping my tears and closed the door trying to keep faith in myself much less in love. Just then I heard another knock at the door. I opened it slowly and realized that there were tears in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away and put on a straight but welcoming face.

'Hey, you are crying. What happened?' Asked Piper.

'I don't cry. Anyways, you guys should come in.' I replied trying to change the subject.
They came in and I closed the door behind me. 

'What has Happened, Reyna? You don't seem like the Reyna we used to know... ' and so I told them about my life although I missed the Nico part. They were really good listeners. I was in dire need of some friends. I used to search for friends in people whom I fell in love with, even though they were in front of me. I felt great talking to them even Annabeth and Piper. But, Piper asked me the question I didn't want her to ask.

'Who is "he"? Who was Venus talking about?'

'I don't know...' I lied. The three exchanged looks and nodded as if communicating with each other through their brains. I guess that happens when you have to go on a deadly Earth-wakening quest which could either lead to the fall of practically everything living on the earth or save all that from happening.

'You... fell in love with..., didn't you? It has something to do with... Nico, doesn't it?' Annabeth asked politely. She seemed hesitant at first but eventually asked the question I dreaded. And by dreaded, I mean every single word, I dreaded and absolutely hated every single word she said. That question, caught me off-guard.

'How do-'

'We overheard your conversation with him. You were talking to him as if he was a difficult subject you didn't want to touch.' Annabeth explained, wistfully. Like she heard something she wasn't supposed to, or simply didn't want to hear. I smiled sadly, trying to tell her that it was okay even if they heard the conversation that took place between us. After all, it wasn't their fault.

'Fine, whatever. But, no telling anyone. No pushing him to like me or something.' I said and then sighed sadly. They consoled me and promised me they won't tell anyone.

'You should tell Nico.' Piper suggested.

'No Piper. I can't. He is happy... with Will. Plus, I don't want to destroy our bond. That is even if we have one...' 

They each hugged me once and then went back to their cabins. I felt better talking to them, but alas! the pain I had was still there. I could feel it.

That night I had an almost good sleep. I had a weird dream. A pleasant but weird dream that night. I was on some type of beach... the one I recognized from my hometown. I was sitting there and someone was running towards me, carrying a basket of what seemed like snacks. Her face was not clear because of the sunlight that was falling on her face. I was sure it was a girl. She tripped because her foot got stuck in the sand. As soon as I got up and started running towards her to get her up, her face started getting clearer. When I was at the peak of recognizing her, the dream ended.