1. Uggh! (Reyna's POV)

Uggh!! Not again we ended up in a totally different country than that we had to go to.

'Ah!' I yelped falling off the branch of a tree. 'Nico, what is this place?'
'Umm, Africmm, 'He mumbled too tired to talk much less think. He fell beside me and instantly started snoring. I unfastened the ropes that were attached to the Athena Parthenos and then steadied him by rubbing his palms and took off my jacket and kept it under his head for a pillow. 'Coach, I'm hungry let's eat while we can cause you never know when some monsters might attack.'

We quickly started off towards the streets that were indeed very busy. There were all kinds of people there some poor, some middle class, some rich, etc. Then, I saw a McDonald's, definitely for what I was waiting for. It was Nico's favourite restaurant he loved it so much that he could have eaten it every day, in every meal. I pointed towards it and started walking towards it. Coach followed me inside.
'What would you like to have?' I asked. I had a few dollars left enough to buy some burgers some coke and one Happy meal for Nico.
'I'll order by myself, Cupcake. You go on and order for yourself and your crush.'
'He's. Not. My. Crush.' I blurted out, my face red. I couldn't see it, but I could tell. Coach had almost never opened up and talked to someone so... You get the point. So, I went on to order the usual. Paid a few dollars gave a tip and went back to where Nico was sleeping peacefully. I wondered how everyone would be on the Agro II and Camp Jupiter and hoped that they were fine.

I opened my burger and sipped my Coke. While eating, I thought about Nico and his pain. By giving him a surge of strength every time, I also gained a gateway to his thoughts and his heart. I felt the pain he had gone through the time when he was trapped in that Jar for days without anything to eat or drink, the time when he was in Tartarus, the time when everybody at camp acted like he was some contagious disease, all of that was already breaking me down and that was just the starting of his pain and struggle. Nobody should be treated like that. NICO should not be treated like that. I even saw the time when he confessed his crush... Percy. It troubled me; I don't know why. But, it was a heavy subject at least for me. Once upon a time I also fell in love with that demigod who lost his memory with whom I had no chance... Just thinking of it made my eyes misty and wet. I was not the girl who cried on small things like the Aphrodite's daughters (No offence Pipes). Not just that, I felt angry, so angry that I wanted to strangle Percy and Jason. But it was difficult to hate them.
But, this time I felt jealous. I felt jealous because Nico has always had a thing for Percy. I don't really understand why...

'Reyna. How long was I passed out?' Nico asked scaring me. I met his gaze, his face inches from mine. 'Don't even think about it Reyna!' I mumbled to myself.
'Did you say something?' 'No'
'You were passed out for 3-4 hours. Here have this,' I said passing the now cold Happy meal to him. He grabbed it and started emptying it right away.
'Any monsders?' He asked, his mouth filled with French fries.
'No, not yet death boy,' I answered. 'Where's Coach?'
'Maybe wandering the streets in search of clothes. They got torn while falling from the tree,' I said teasingly and almost trying not to laugh.
'Hey, don't tease me! It's not my fault and don't you dare laugh at me, I'm the ghost king,' He responded. 'You're no ghost king to me, death boy,' I teased again and this time also laughed out loud. Seeing me Nico also started laughing. By the time Coach returned, it was dark again.
'Shadow travel eh' Punk,' He asked.
'I don't think Nico has the strength right now. He's still recovering from the tiredness. Plus, he won't argue, will he?' I asked (gave an order)
'I'm not listening to you Reyna. We have to get back on track. We're late, running out of time.'
'Well, I most certainly think that losing you will delay us even more! Besides, you're out of energy I can see that in your eyes,' I said. 'No, we have to do it or else everything might go wrong all over again. Give me one valid reason not to travel today,' He was stubborn. 'IT IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT RISK LOSING YOU LIKE I LOST PERCY AND JASON!' I blurted out and regretted what I said the next moment. Nico's cheeks flushed red.
'I... umhh. I didn't mean that, don't get me wrong Nico. I really just said anything... Uhh.'
'Umm, fine we'll continue the journey tomorrow and uhh, I don't even know what to say...'He said. But he was still red.
'G-Good n-nig-ght' I replied and quickly turned away nervous due to sudden thoughts coming to my mind. I was so foolish to have said that. I secretly hoped it will not bring any scars to our friendship.

'Good night, cupcakes! Sleep well. I'll take first watch.' Coach said in a friendly tone. I thought that he was the bravest satyr I'd ever met.
'Fine, I'll take second watch. Good night coach'