Chapter 8

Too Many Questions:

After a restless night of sleep on my new bed, I stretched my back with a yawn.

It had been hard as a rock with no padding but I was used to sleeping on a hard bed, or not even sleeping on one at all.

My hair was slightly knotted from the lack of brushing, my wavy curls a mess around my face.

"Is it time for breakfast?" Chapman asks through a stifled yawn, her hair more messy than the night before

"Yeah, we go down to the cafeteria down the hall. Shitty food but its all we got" Daya replies as we make our way down the crowded hallway.

People from all different backgrounds walk around us, their uniforms a bright orange or a dull brown.

As we enter through the door, rows of tables line the walls. I notice how every single table is already almost full, I had to wake up earlier to get a good seat I guess.

Getting in line for the foul smelling food, I look around at the seating options.

A lot of people were looking at me with judgemental glances, probably because I was the new girl.

Honestly, I could care less.

"Hey! Romano!" A familiar voice calls my name and I turn around to see Morello seated at a half filled table.

Me and Chapman sit down awkwardly as Morello gives us a bright smile.

"Everyone this is Vira Romano and Piper Chapman, there newbies who just came in last night" she announces to the group, which was returned with a chorus of greetings.

"Okay, so" she began, "This is my family, Red's not here right now but she works in the kitchen so she'll be here a bit later", me and Chapman nodded.

"Here we have Nicky Nichols" She points across the table to a girl with messy copper blonde hair, her light blue eyes ringed with black eyeliner. 

"That's Sister Ingalls," she points to an elderly woman, "and that's Jones" she motions to an older woman with short hair.

"Well, that's everyone!" Morello lastly exclaims with a bright smile.

" Wait, sister as in nun?" Chapman abruptly asked.

"Yep, a killer nun!" Jones laughed with a fake crazed look in her eyes.

Sister shot Jones a look, the lines around her eyes creasing, "now stop it, She doesn't know your joking."

"She chained herself to a flagpole at a nuclear test sight" Jones said back as Sister Ingalls did a quick prayer.

"Well, It's great to meet you and don't worry, overtime you get used to it all" Sister Ingalls adds with a soft head nod, her voice strained with old age.