Chapter 11

The Deal:

Heavy silence filled the air after my threat, the seconds flying by felt like long minutes.

The awkward tension of who was going to speak first was broken by Mr Healy.

"You-, You can't say that!" He hissed as he stalked around the desk and stopped infront of me, causing me to back up towards the other side of the room.

He didn't stop walking as I finally hit the back wall, my legs forcing me to stop going any further.

His large round face was lit up like a red christmas ornament as sweat pooled down his receding hairline.

Why was he so angry? All I did was tell the truth!

His strange look made me laugh as he cornered me at the wall, his mouth turned in a snarl at my inappropriate reaction.

"Why. Are. You. Laughing?" He barks, his meaty finger pointing at me.

I couldn't stop, this was all too funny!

As my hysterical laughter grew more, I clutched my stomach and threw my head back.

Wiping my eyes, I respond, "Did I upset you? What are you gonna do now, kill me? We are alone together and you could easily stage my death as self defense! I mean, who would question a man in power who supposedly got attacked by his female prisoner?"

"You threatened me, Romano" His voice got suddenly serious, his words slow.

"Okay...?" I asked nonchalant.

"I have to report you and sent you to solitary confinement now."

"Ohhhhh, that's right...Well, shit!" I cover my mouth in mock surprise.

"I suppose you do...But its a real shame now that I gotta speak to that real good journalist and tell him how bad you treat your inmates..." I let my words roll of my tongue smoothly, sighing deeply.

"What journalist?? You have a journalist?"

"Yeah, I do..Me and him go way back and if I tell him about this way too good scoop on a certain woman's prison, he'll definitely want to write a long detailed article about it" I look into his eyes, unblinking.

It was a sorta lie. I did know a popular journalist who got one of his stories on the news before, he worked for the crime group I'm in and would fabricate fake news for other groups or edited ones that would keep them away from trouble.

He was a master at what he did and his editing was near perfect.

If I give Mr Healy his name (which is of course fake) he would search it up and find out that in deed, this mysterious journalist is real.

The journalist went by the name Danny Hitchins and I could even call him up since I had to have his main number on his burner phone.

Luckily, being in a crime syndicate had its perks.

You constantly have backups and ways to fake your way out of things.

Its really honestly the only  thing I like about it anyway...Well accept for the killings of course.

"What are you saying? That you'll call in a fake story and "expose" me?" Mr Healy laughs but I can see the slight fear building up in his eyes.

The desperate pleas of "please, don't" hiding just behind the faux courage.

It reminded me of the people I'm told to kill...The wounded animal type look that always showed and the fake strength hiding the potent fear.

My stomach churned slightly.

"Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how im feeling"

The silence returned as his eyes searched my smiling face, looking for any sign that I was lying.

Maybe I would break and my smile would tighten for just a second? Or maybe I would flinch and keep looking over his shoulder?

But no. I stayed as still as a statue and stared into his eyes, my stance never moving. Never changing.

I could finally see the fear on his face as he realised I wasn't lying.

I was so close to him I could almost smell it, the delicious smell of fear on a person.

"How about we make a deal, Healy? I finally said, breaking the silence.

He swallowed loudly, his adams apple bobbing.

"Fine, let's.."

AN: 10k views on this fanfic...omg!!! Thank you so much guys!!!!