Chapter 12

Almost started a fight

With Mr Healy agreeing on a deal, I knew I finally had him on a leash.

He was intimated by me and scared of what I might do, as if I was some untrained pet he had to obey unless he wanted to get bit in the face.

Now that I showed him what I was capable of, I could use him as part of my escape!

This was like one big game of monopoly, I'm the one moving ahead while the others stay behind.

Just enough to get close but still too far away to ever reach me.

"Good, I'm glad you've accepted my offer, you're smarter than you look" I purr and place my head on his chest and give a light shove.

"First, you're all up in my space" I say as he finally takes an awkward step back, his pale face flushing at the realization at how close he was.

"Second, I won't expose your little fun house prison or your nasty secrets to my journalist friend, m'kay?"

Before I could continue, Mr Healy cuts in, "And you won't ever talk down to me again, got it? You can't just go around acting like you own the place, especially to the guards..They'll lock you up so fast you won't even know until you're there."

I scoff, "okay, okay, fine....I pinky promise I won't ever yell at you again but I'm not sure about never angering you...."

He sighs, "I don't care what you do out there with the other inmates, unless you try to start a fight or some drug business, just don't go around acting all high and mighty Romano

He sighs, "I don't care what you do out there with the other inmates, unless you try to start a fight or some drug business, just don't go around acting all high and mighty Romano."

I smile wide and Mr Healy flinches at my cheery mood.

"Now get back out there, I've had enough for today. Let's just never do this again, please..." Mr Healy's voice comes out strained as if all the talking hurt his voice.

Awww, he even said please!

Now I really had him in my hands.

"Okay, see ya Healy! And remember what I said!" I respond back with a wink and shut the door behind me.

I could hear Mr Healy's loud sigh even from behind the wooden door.

Grinning from satisfaction, I slowly walk my way down the hall only to be greeted with a long line of women standing uncomfortably against the wall.

They held towels and other necessities and my stomach dropped at the realization.

It was time for the nightly shower.

I had missed mine yesterday as it was my first day here but the overall thought of showering never crossed my mind.

I guess I was too busy thinking about everything else.

"Hey, newbie! First time in the showers, huh?" A stocky woman with short hair and tattoos laughed at me, her grin shark like.

"Who said this was my first time in prison?" I shot back but my tone wasn't aggressive as I was just more annoyed with the whole situation.