Chapter 13

A panic attack in the showers:

As me and Nicky move forward in the line, I can't help but feel greatfull for her stepping in and distracting my mind from Boo.

I know she didn't do it on purpose but I could tell by the way she looked at Boo that this has happened before.

If Nicky hadn't interjected, I might have forgotten myself and started a fight.

That wouldn't have been good, especially since I needed to be on my best behavior so I could get the hell out of here.

"Don't worry, Boo can be a real pain in the ass" Nicky says with a dramatic sigh.

"I'm not worried. I could have handled by myself, you know" I replied back with a lie as I definitely would have let my anger get to me.

I wasn't an angry person but when someone really got on my nerves the emotions seem to block any other moral part of my brain.

But many people will argue if I even have a moral compass as I murder people for a living and actually enjoy it.

Honestly, sometimes I even question it myself.

"Yeah, yeah, if I hadn't been there on time you woulda bitch slapped her or something. Then, you'd get sent down to Solitary and I'll be stuck here all alone" she whines in mock sadness and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"You think I'd just slap her? You underestimate me, Nicky" I say back with a wolfish grin.

She chuckles, a rough sounding noise like an old smoker, "You don't seem like a violent person to me, more like just an angry ball ready to burst at any moment" and makes an exploding gesture with her hands.

Nicky's wild hair curls around her like a halo and bounces slightly as she waves her hands.

It comes off as unbrushed and dirty but it somehow goes well with her also wild personality.

A sudden image of a crazed Hermione pops into my head and I can't help but smile.

I raise my eyebrows, "You don't know enough about me then, Hermione."

"Well then, I guess we gotta get to know each other better then, hm?" Her tone dips lower, fitting well with her already deep voice.

A sudden blush wraps its way onto my cheeks.

Before I can respond, her eyes go wide, "wait, did you just call me Hermione?"

I laugh as we finally reach the door and I step into the bathroom, the smell of soap and piss filling my noise instantly.

"Well, shit. I forgot a towel" I wrinkle my nose as I take in the scene infront of me.

Sinks line the wall to the right as showers line the left and I sigh with relief as there are privacy curtains with almost everyone one of them

About twenty girls are hastily rushing around the place, brushing their teeth at the sink or waiting in line for an open shower.

What makes it uncomfortable though is how mostly every woman is naked in some way.

The ones who have just gotten out of their shower are still wrapping a towel around their still naked frame or some are just even getting changed out in the open.

My stomach twists as I try to avert my gaze but where else would I put my eyes?

Should I stare at one of the blank walls or at the dirty floor?

That would be to obvious that I was deliberately trying not to look and people would start to get suspicious.

But they didn't have too cause why would I need to look away?

There just other women who are simply getting ready for the night.

Nothing wrong with that.

Then why does my stomach twist everytime I glance at someone?

Shaking my head from these ridiculous thoughts, I get in line for a shower.

"Don't worry, I'll get you a towel, free of charge" Nicky says as she heads to the back of the room.

Good, that's good, a towel. Something that can hide my body.

My heart starts to beat quicker as the heat of the thick steamed air clouds make me feel light headed.

A shower, I have to take a shower.

The same thought repeated itself in my head like a mantra, over and over again until it was the only thing left.

Why was I freaking out so much?

Everything is fine, Cherry, relax.

But the image of my mutilated keeps popping in my mind and the fear of someone else seeing it makes me almost throw up.

I think of myself as a confident person, someone who doesn't care about what other people think.

All my life I could have given less of a shit at what someone may think when they look at me because I knew deep down I was better than them in someway.

I'm not a narcissist but it's just a fact that I know how to kill a man in over 100 ways.

I know every inch of the human body and all it's weaknesses and have been basically trained since birth.

Then why does nausea take over me when I see my scars?

"Here ya go!" Nicky exclaims as she hands me a fresh towel and I almost flinch at her ensuthastic tone.

"Thanks.." I murmur, my voice for some reason stopping in my throat as if the words are choking me.

Why does everything sound so loud all of the sudden?

"No problem, have fun takin your first prison shower!" She replies but her eyes linger for just a moment.

Then, she's gone and I'm left alone in a room surrounded by abnoxious naked women.

Oh, God, can this day get anymore worse?

AN: Vira still refers to herself as Cherry cause that's her "real name"

Also thanks so much for 12 k views!!!!! Anyone interested in reading an original story? Like not a fanfic? I've been writing my own book, it has only 18 k words so far ! Please comment down below and like! I'll upload the next chapter soon :)