Chapter 7

It's on a Saturday morning, just like every other day I have finished my morning routine with dada and was packing my stuff, well apparently dada decided to leave earlier than we thought.

Because he's so eager to feel the air of his home town as he said, I asked him the other day "dada why are you eager to leave us?" And he replied with "no, I'm not eager, I just want to go home, that place is my home and will always be" and I felt that.

They are leaving tomorrow with Nana and papa and we'll follow after our exams in 10 days or so, though papa will be back on Tuesday in shaa Allah. His other children and grandchildren are there to take care of him.

Papa's immediate brother daddyn katsina his name is Abdulrahman and aunty Khadijah dada's first female child are based in Katsina with their family, other's are based in Kano and Kaduna, while papa and their auta aunty Radia are the "yan Abuja" as people refer to them.

Baba malia's father and his twin sister are based in Kaduna you can't separate those two, then aunty Mickey is based in Kano, well her real name is Miskeenah, she has a pretty hard name, I gave her the name Mickey because she always says "with your ears like Mickey Mouse" and I don't know how to pronounce her name back then so... everyone calls her Mickey or aunty Mickey.

Papa has five younger siblings they're six in number aunty Mickey is my favorite aunt.

I finished packing all my stuff not all though the ones I will be using now. I kept my giant box by the door, I will ask ya Haytham if he can help me with my box later when he comes to bid dada farewell. I don't like driving with a lot of loads in my car.

I picked my phone from the bed side and dialed his number, he picked on the third ring
"Jessie why are you disturbing me with calls this afternoon?" he asked immediately the call got connected.

Arghhh, "dude when was the last time I called you?" I asked instead.

"That should be in ages" he replied.

"Exactly why I don't call you, you're always rude to me" I whined.

"Yeah whatever, what do you want?" He asked.

"Ummm, yaya I need a little favor" I said sending a silent prayer, "can you please help me with my box later after bidding dada farewell?" I added.

"What? No! Why, where is your car?" He whisper yelled.

"Ya haytham please, I have a lot of loads" I begged. "Pretty please" I added putting on my best puppy face as if he can see me.

"I'll think about it, now shoo I'm busy" he hanged up on me before I even get the chance to say anything.

"How rude" I muttered rolling my eyes. Whatever I got what I want.

I kept my phone aside and continue to pack my stuff. Putting my box by the door after clearing my room, I heard my phone ringing "urghh" I groaned, on a serious note I hate phone calls.

I checked my phone only to see ya doctor calling, oh my gosh I miss him so much. I can't remember the last time we talked or even saw each other.

"Hello, assalamu alaikum ya doctor jampanduna" I said after connecting the call.

"Wa'alaiku mussalam Jessie, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine alhamdulillah, noi chumri (how's work)?" I replied.

"Jam alhamdulillah"he said.

"I haven't seen you in forever, you're always busy" I whined. I can't remember the last time I saw him.

"Work is hectic these days Jessie" he complained, " BTW I need a favor" he added.

"What is it? Anything for my favorite" I said happily.