V

— SEAMUS —

Zephaniah and Yakov arrived just ten minutes ago and, as i anticipated, Rori is nowhere to be found.

"And where is my dearest sorellina hiding?"

Zephaniah's question causes Quentin and me to share an unamused glance.

"She's feeling poorly," Quentin excuses her. "She's most likely asleep right now. We won't disturb her."

Xavi is particularly frustrated by Rori's decision to miss the meeting, knowing that it will get both of them in trouble; however, our sister made it very clear she is not leaving her room today.

"Is she so ill that she cannot attend?" Zephaniah presses.

"Throwing up by the hour," Quentin lies once more, our eldest brother eyeing him suspiciously.

"I see..." Zephaniah trails off, clearly not believing a word he said. "What a pity, though...poor girl."

I roll my eyes, displeased by his sarcastic attitude.

"Yes...poor girl indeed," Yakov speaks through gritted teeth, sending a meaningful glare in Xavi's direction.

Eventually, we head into the meeting room on the third floor. Zephaniah — after demanding someone bring him his beloved scotch — takes a seat at the head of the table, and the eldest bunch sit nearby.

I silently judge him from the opposite end of the table, pushing my concern for Rori to the back of my mind.

"I have to say, there's something rather peaceful about our sister's absence," he muses, his lip curling to form a smirk. "She was always a bothersome child...I assume she's yet to move past that stage."

If it weren't Zephaniah who is so openly bitching about our sister, i most likely would've laughed at the comment.

Because he's not wrong: Rori has always been extremely annoying.

"We shall need to catch up with her at some point, however, for what is being discussed today affects each and every one of us," Yakov reminds him, or, rather, warns him, causing Zephaniah to roll his eyes.

Anyone would believe that Yakov is the elder of the two, given that he is actually mature in comparison to Zephaniah.

There's something familiar about the way they interact, which brings me a great sense of comfort but also resentment.

They don't seem to have changed in the slightest.

"Yakov, Xavi, and i have decided to merge," our eldest brother begins. "We will no longer work separately and instead work alongside each other. Our individual gangs will become one."

I furrow my eyebrows, confused, despite understanding every word he says.

"And why is this?" Uvaldo asks.

"Because, seemingly, we are being targeted," he explains, "and i don't just mean within the business."

"What, as in the whole family is being targeted?" i press.