VI

— QUENTIN —

"Ugh, where is he?" Annalise's loud voice successfully catches my attention.

"Who's he?" i ask, not bothering to look up from my work.

"Your twin," she explains, rolling her eyes. "I have to speak to him."

I turn to look at her, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Aren't you still mad at him?" i ask her.

"When am i not mad at Seamus?" she points out, and i snicker under my breath.

"True," i say, remembering the countless grudges she has held against him in the past.

"...But if he 'accidentally' decided to spill water on your homework, you would understand how i feel!" she continues to complain about my brother.

Lucky me, getting stuck in a class with the two of them.

I mean, it's Seamus we're talking about. Everything that boy does is in bad taste!

"I know his game, Łabanowski! Trust me," she whisper-shouts, causing me to squint at her from my peripheral vision.

"You should be thankful that the only thing spilled was water and not blood," i retort in a monotone voice, barely paying attention to her.

"Mhm. Anyway, where is he?" she repeats, and i sigh, lifting my head to check the clock above the door.

"Well, it's two-fifteen, currently, which means he will be entering the classroom with Christian right about..." i pause in anticipation.

"Witam, pani Carmichael. Tęskniłeś za mną?"

"Now." i budge her elbow, smug.

Ever since the first day of semester, when Seamus got moved into our class, he has been speaking in Polish to confuse our elderly teacher into thinking he is a newly transferred immigrant.

Of course, considering that i refuse to go along with his childish antics, Seamus has denied his relation to me.

We're identical twins.

"The two of you can feel free to find yourselves a seat. I expect you to see me after class," she grumbles, sending both Christian and my brother a stern look of disapproval.

"Przepraszam nie rozumiem," he tells her, though already heading to sit down.

Stupidly, i decide to glance up from my work. Christian notices the free seats behind us and gestures to Seamus.

"Hey, Bro," Seamus says, kicking the back of my seat as he sits down. "Annalise," he then addresses her, his tone suggestive. "I heard you were looking for me."

"And how would you know that?" she shoots back with a raised eyebrow, clearly unimpressed.

"Because i'm me. I know everything," he answers, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Alright, Gretchen Weiner," she snorts. "I just need your help with something."

As i glance up, i notice Seamus's eyes widen momentarily before he hastily clears his throat.

"It's about Rori..." she trails off, sending him a meaningful glare.

Seamus immediately drops his flirtatious attitude.

"What about her?" he asks, hesitantly.

"I need you to convince her to come to Lindsay's party this Friday," she says. "I thought we could all go together, have some fun...You know, to make up for the fact you guys refuse to celebrate your birthday."