XI

— RORI —

The day started off nicely.

I woke up having had a great night's sleep due to my brother's return. I reluctantly went to school (as i wanted to make sure Vinnie was taken care of) but was thankful to find some normality in it.

It was not until last night, Zephaniah declared he will be hosting another meeting, and, in this meeting, we will be given a verdict on who targeted our brothers.

For once, it looked like the adults had everything under control. They were much more engaged, like myself, and formally returned to their duties at work.

And so, today, things are much different. I walked around the place with purpose in my stride, i put lots of effort into each of my classes, and, at lunch, i sat with both Annalise and Mikey.

I could tell that my brothers had picked up on the fact i was in a good mood also, and so, subconsciously, they were a lot nicer to me throughout the day.

I'm still not in the good books of the youngest bunch, but it's fine because i haven't forgiven them yet either.

Teddy will be the hardest to forgive, given how he has treated me and continues to treat me.

It's odd because, by now, i should be way too used to the comments he makes to even let them affect me. I guess i'm just worried that his passive-aggressive attitude will turn into something so much worse.

It has, in the past. But we were younger then, and his behaviour was not recognised as abnormal because he was a child, mimicking what he had witnessed adults do.

I recall the time i broke my arm, after he pushed me off a tree while we were climbing it.

I was annoying him all day, and eventually he just snapped, but when i told the adults what happened, he claimed i had slipped.

We were five and seven then, and, at that point in my life, all i wanted was to be like my big brother.

I would follow him around everywhere, do anything he asked of me, but i noticed very quickly he didn't treat me the same way he treated Seamus and Quentin.

Teddy treated me like our father treated our mother; a waste of space unless needed for something.

He wasn't the only brother who segregated me as a child, but he is the only one who continues to do so.

Whether all of it is due to a hatred for women, i do not know. All i know is that he hates me. And he always will.

That's why i had previously asked Zephaniah if he could have a word with Teddy: he has the power to make a change in this house-hold, although it pains me to admit that.

But would my eldest brother even bother to stick up for me?

"No, Vinnie. Go back to bed this instant! You're not supposed to be galavanting around the house like this!" i scold my twenty-one year old brother, not for the first time today.

"Oh, really? And who gave you permission to boss me around like this?" he laughs, attempting to push past me.

I stand in the large doorway of his bedroom and try to block him in by spreading myself out like a Starfish. For some reason, he finds it to be quite amusing. If he wanted to, he could have easily gotten past me by now. However, all he does is laugh at me.

Even though my middle brother was gone for less than a week, i seem to have forgotten just how annoying he can be.

"Margaret, actually." i childishly poke my tongue out at him.