VII

— RORI —

After dinner on Monday evening, my brothers told me everything. Though i can't say i feel better knowing the real reason behind Zephaniah and Yakov's return

"He's a business man, not a family man," were the exact words Uvaldo told me in reference to our eldest brother, and he was right.

The same goes for Yakov.

Of course they are only here due to gang related conflict; God forbid they actually missed us.

Still, it breaks my heart knowing that the only time my brothers care for the welfare of our family is when it concerns themselves...

The mystery of Wyatt's potential betrayal has been cleared up also, as Xavi explained what he was doing on the night i spotted him at Aunt Tosca's cafe.

Still, i can't shake the feeling that there is more to it than what he revealed.

Xavi was aware of Wyatt working for Yakov...and he was okay with it?

It seems like the two of them have been in contact with our brothers for a while now.

I only wish they had told us sooner.

"This is a stupid idea, Annalise. I hate you for this! And leave my hair alone!"

Friday rolled around quicker than i would've liked (which is saying something, considering it's usually the highlight of my week) and, much to my dislike, Annalise insisted on giving me a 'makeover' ahead of Lindsay's party.

"Will you two hurry up already?" i hear Seamus holler from the other side of the door. "Seriously, what's taking so long?"

"She's trying to make me look like an American girl doll," i grumble in response.

"Giuro su dio." he scoffs.

My best friend grabs her purse and then drags me out of the room, all the while ignoring the baffled expression worn by both Seamus and Quentin.

She thrusts me in front of a floor-to-ceiling mirror, clapping her hands and jumping up and down like an excited child on Christmas morning.

Annalise has managed to make my pale skin look a touch healthier, as well as concealing the bags underneath my eyes. My naturally curly hair has been straightened, sitting much nicer than before, and she made sure i wore my emerald green, lace body suit because, apparently, it makes my eyes stand out and my tits look perkier.

"Your hair is straight," Seamus points out.

"Well done!" i respond in a mocking tone.

"You never wear your hair straight."

"I do sometimes," i say, with an unsure frown. "Doesn't it suit me?"

He narrows his eyes at me, unimpressed, as he looks me up and down.

"I guess," he says, with a nonchalant shrug.

Quentin laughs, now standing beside him.

"You look beautiful, Rori," my younger brother says, a fond smile gracing his face. "You too, Anna."

"Thank you!" my friend beams at him, before turning to glare at Seamus. "You could learn a thing or two from your brother, Seamus."

"Hmm." he flashes her a bitter smile.