Chapter 18

- Isabella's POV -

"You do understand leaving party guests unannounced is rude Lorenzo" I shouted over the loud music which didn't stop him from continuing to drag me out of the club and ignoring me like usual. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or because he genuinely couldn't hear me.

A cold burst of wind hit me once we made it out the club doors and into the parking lot. My teeth began to chatter as painful goosebumps ran down my body feeling like thousands of needles piercing into my skin.

Just as I was about to pull away from Lorenzo he turned around and picked up bridal style off the ground.

"Let me down right now or I will-"

"You'll what?" He devilishly laughed and glared at me.

"Skin you alive" I scoffed matching his glare with the same intensity.

"You certainly have a way with words" He continued to laugh curving the edge of his lips slightly."Are you finished with this little tantrum of yours?"

I stopped and opened my mouth to speak but the words died down in my throat. I closed my mouth and broke the glare from him to stare out at the parking lot behind his broad shoulders.

My body was exhausted from all the partying and I honestly didn't have time to prove myself to him. No matter how many times I did he would just ignore me or snap. I yawned and laid my head onto his hard chest as he walked me to his car and helped me in.

The car ride was silent as both of us stared out the window. Lorenzo focusing on the road as I watched the blurry images of cars passing by. The sky was pitch black leaving the bright moon and car lights the only things lighting up our surroundings.

"Sober up" Lorenzo muttered throwing a foggy water bottle onto my lap. The cold outside feeling like knives piercing into my now warm skin.

I didn't want to drink it but my throat was begging to get rid of the dry itching feeling. I brought the cap to my mouth twisting it off with my teeth and spitting it out onto my hand.

"Hey, we just passed the way to your house" I choked on my water trying to alert him.

"Can you try not killing yourself before we even get there" He muttered.

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm, bipolar bitch.

"Where are you taking me, a random warehouse in the middle of nowhere so you can kill me" I laughed twisting the cap back onto the bottle. A few seconds went by and Lorenzo didn't reply to my crazy assumption. I turned to my side to see his usual blank face and eyes focused on the road.

"Wait I-I was kidding" I stuttered out not knowing whether he was trying to scare me or if he was being serious. My palms began to sweat and the weight of my body became heavier as my head got lighter.

I'm aware that I'm strong enough to kill him first if I wanted to but that didn't stop the anxiousness throughout my body making me shake uncontrollably.

I kept my glance on him until seeing his lips pull into a smirk. He knew what he was doing and I fell for it like an idiot. I wasn't sure who to be mad at, him or myself for allowing it.